Youth Ministry Director
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Approximately 20 hours/week; Compensation DOE
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for the next leader of our ministry to youth focused on community, faith, discipleship and service. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for cultivating faith in the next generation with a creative approach to leading youth ministry in a rapidly changing context.
The ideal candidate for this position is strong in character, committed to faith formation, and focused on relationships. We desire a youth director who is outreach oriented, creative and adaptable, visionary, and gifted in leadership.
This Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for the following:
1. Build relationships with kids and families in our church and in our town.
2. Develop and lead discipling ministries for middle school and high school kids.
3. Plan and facilitate one annual mission/service trip and one faith-building retreat.
4. Recruit, equip, and engage with mentors (volunteers) to connect with our kids.
5. Partner with the Mission Team, worship leaders, a support team, and the pastor to engage youth and families in the full ministries of the church.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Education in ministry, education, or human development; or
2. Experience in ministry (professional, internship or volunteer)
3. Effective verbal and written communicator with demonstrated organizational skills.
4. Maintain compliance with all state of Oregon and Federal employment law.
5. Candidate must pass a drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background check.
This position is supervised by the Senior Pastor and will partner with Director of Kids Ministry, administrative, and worship staff. The director will be responsive to goals of Session, the pastor, and the Elder for Youth and Children. They will be reviewed annually to evaluate performance.
To apply: If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to andrew (at) redmondcpc.org. Please include contact information for at least two professional and two personal references.
Community Presbyterian Church