POSITION: Assistant Youth Director
REPORTS TO: Youth Ministry Director
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Non-exempt, part-time hourly
WORK HOURS: Approximately 20 hours per week
POSITION OVERVIEW: Cornerstone’s Youth Ministry strives to lead junior high and high school students into an authentic relationship with Jesus, while creating life-giving relationships with each other. Essentially, we want our students to be alive and unified in Christ! We are looking for an Assistant Youth Director to help make this possible.
- Assisting at weekly Sunday youth services (both AM and PM) and other events
- Help set up, break down, and execute
- Lead games and icebreaker activities
- Teach 2-3 times a month
- Connecting weekly with students in both one-on-one and small group settings
- Some administrative responsibilities, including helping with social media and e-newsletters
- Help lead week-long summer and winter “away” camps and retreats
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A lifestyle that serves as a model of authentic commitment
- Passion for teens and leading them to Jesus
- Outgoing and charismatic personality who easily connects with teens
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Hardworking team player who is eager to learn
- Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excels at time management
- Commitment to the body outside of youth ministry, including attending weekly Sunday service, a commitment to body-wide initiatives, and active involvement in a small group.
- Reliable transportation is required; providing occasional rides for students is a bonus
TO APPLY: Please email resume to email@example.com.
CornerstoneSF is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, non-denominational Christian church in San Francisco. Hyphens aside, we’re a place where all kinds of people gather to worship Jesus and learn about Him for a little over an hour in a casual, yet reverent, space. So whether it’s at our Mission or Lake Merced Campus, our goal is the same: Live out our faith in Jesus and invite others into life with Him.