Director of Student Ministries
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Developing a prevailing ministry to and through students with:
• Recruiting, training and equipping of adult leadership teams.
• Small Groups that effectively connect each teen with a consistent adult leader/mentor.
• Age-appropriate programs for both middle school and high school students.
• Media-rich environments that are specifically designed for students.
• Large scale outreach events that are strategically designed for easy invite in order to attract teens and their families.
• A student leadership track that helps students grow as leaders through classes, conferences, experiences, and service opportunities.
• Student missions initiatives local, national, and international in scope.
• Community involvement in schools, and other civic organizations.
• Regular connections with parents.
• A web and social media initiative that’s relevant and always current.
Engagement with church staff to tackle assignments outside Student Ministry responsibilities.
. A big heart for God and students and a big vision for ministry
. A strong belief that with God we can create a better future for students
. A leader who is growing themselves as a leader and coached
. A track record of good relationships and good results
. A student of the art of verbal and written communication
. A buy in to the larger church vision
. A willingness to put down some roots
. A desire to engage with staff to tackle assignments outside of SM responsibilities
About Cypress Meadows
About Cypress Meadows:
. We’re a people of faith, hope and love
. We’re a safe place for people to explore and encounter the grace of God
. We reach seekers and build believers
. We partner with Shiloh Church in Haiti and Springs of Hope in Kenya
. Our music reflects the best of the local music scene
. Our Pastor, of 36 years, delivers relevant and thought provoking messages
. Over 700 people call us their church home and we average 560 people each weekend