Passionate about and gifted in discipleship, and personally active in discipling others.
Loves young people with a contagious passion to equip and inspire them to love and serve God with all their being and to impact their worlds.
Spiritually gifted to teach and communicate God’s Word and apply biblical principles to students educated in diverse settings of public, Christian, and home schools.
Equipped with leadership and organizational skills in order to oversee the implementation of visionary ministry strategies and programming through excellence in both administration and delegation.
Experience integrating student ministry discipleship models with children’s ministry and young adult ministry.
Balances maturity and discretion with the ability to think creatively and enjoy students.
Gifted in equipping adult volunteers and encouraging and counseling parents to nurture teenagers to love and fear God.
Holds a bachelor’s degree with Bible training; seminary education strongly preferred.
Godly relationships in personal life with wife and children (if applicable), demonstrating the qualities of an elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-11. If married, wife meets same standards and supportive of his ministry.
Demonstrates agreement with the Evangelical Free Church of America’s (EFCA) statement of faith and submission to Faith Church’s bylaws and current ministry direction.
Willing to be or already licensed or ordained in the EFCA.
Minimum of five years of experience in student ministry with comparable church or ministry preferred.
- Partner with parents in equipping junior and senior high students to develop a real, intimate and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, to serve as members of the body of Christ, and to impact their worlds for God.
- Recruit and builds adult volunteers into a cohesive team and helps train them to develop effective disciple-making relationships with students.
- Connect with students in mentoring and disciple-making relationships.
- Facilitate student meetings, outreach activities, mission trips, retreats, and other activities.
- Partner with children’s ministry and young adult ministry to create smooth transitions between children’s ministry, student ministry, and young adult ministries.
- Perform administrative functions such as oversight of the student ministry budget and clear, regular communication with parents and volunteers.
- Promote a global perspective in students, including facilitating mission projects.
- Intentionally works to stay current with the trends of student ministry and culture as well as societal pressures in order to apply appropriate biblical truth and guidance.
- As a member of the pastoral staff and as an elder, give leadership to the mission, vision, values, strategic objectives, and overall function of the church.
- Participate in preaching (depends on gifting).
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.faithliveitout.org/about-us/employment/
About Faith Church
Approximately 900 people call Faith their church home with average attendance approaching 600. Faith continues with aggressive international outreach and strong local outreach focused on immigrant populations. We are committed to high impact worship in two distinct styles, expository preaching of God’s Word, a welcoming atmosphere, warm fellowship, and age appropriate ministry to children and students. Faith Church is committed to our directional vision of becoming informed and winsome ambassadors of Jesus Christ, reflecting Him to our secular culture.