Director of Next Generation Ministries
The Pastor/Director of Next Gen Ministries exists to equip youth and parents to delight in and obey Jesus Christ. This position will provide leadership and oversight for all student and children’s ministry programs and processes at Faith Community Church (ages zero to eighteen).
40 to 45 hours/week
• Fulfills the character qualifications of a pastor/elder in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized Bible College or Seminary
• A minimum of three years of experience leading/overseeing a youth ministry
Demonstrated Qualities and Characteristics:
• Has a personal intentional pursuit of Jesus
• Has a personal intentional pursuit of family
• Has a personal intentional pursuit of others for discipleship in his personal life
• Is a team player, is personable, and has a servant’s heart
• Fulfills the requirements of FCC covenant members as outlined in the membership covenant
• Theologically and philosophically aligned with FCC leadership
• Continual development in the form of personal reading and outside training
• Faithful in marriage and family as applicable per Eph. 5
• Experience in leading groups, teaching, recruiting, inspiring, and coaching teams of leaders in a student and/or children’s ministry environment
• Excellence in writing quality, age appropriate group discussion questions from a weekly sermon
• Ability to adapt past training and experience into FCC culture and needs
• Is able to adjust to changing job roles
• Professional level skills and experience in system organization
• Proven success in time management, prioritization, and execution
• Proven track record for leading, loving and engaging both parents and children
• Ability to help define and protect an overarching purpose and strategy so that all Next Gen age groups and leaders are working toward a common goal
Student Ministry Responsibilities:
Teaching the Scripture
Recruit, background check, and equip/train leaders for Youth Ministry
Equipping parents to disciple their children
Organizing events (Camps, Missions Trips, Outreach)
Developing/ providing gospel-centered content
Develop systems of discipleship and missional opportunities
Communication, organization, planning
Administration duties: organizing the weekly youth gatherings, communications to/for leaders, etc….
Engage relationally with youth leaders, shepherd them, and provide them with encouragement and appreciation
Other shepherding and teaching responsibilities as they arise.
Children’s Ministry Responsibilities:
Develop and maintain guidelines and standards for Children’s Ministry and Children’s Ministry leaders at FCC.
Recruit, background check, and equip/train leaders for Children’s Ministry
Engage relationally with childrens leaders, shepherd them, and provide them with encouragement and appreciation.
Communicate with parents regarding KidZone – keep them informed about curriculum, important dates, KidZone guidelines, etc.
Research and choose curriculum for Sunday School
Serve as KidZone director/point person on Sunday mornings.
Organize childcare for events and ministries (Covenant Meetings, Women’s Ministry…etc.)
Facilitate the sharing of space between KidZone and Sonshine (meet regularly with SonShine staff and leaders to discuss use of shared space)
Other responsibilities as they arise.
Nature Of Ministry:
Each team member Faith Community Church can be guaranteed of 4 things –
An insistence on Scripture: The Word of God is what the Spirit of God uses to conform us to the image of the Son of God. This is why we exist: to make disciples and the Word of God will not be just a casual reference for our preferences but is our primary tool and firm foundation. It is expected that everything you do will be from through and rooted in the Christ-centered understanding of the Word of God.
An insistence on real authentic Jesus centered relationships: Relationship is the means by which God uses His word to shape and refine us and it is through the encouragement, correction and equipping of Gospel-centered relationship that a Ministry team must function. To work at FCC is to commit yourself to gospel-centered relationship within the staff. Transparency, authenticity, and accountability are expectations of everyone, and participation is not an option.
Silos in ministry are not allowed: While clear lanes of demarcation are essential and each team member must have both the responsibility and authority to accomplish what they must, they can count on the rest of the staff to, under their direction, help them to make disciples and accomplish the mission.
Change is necessary: If we want to reach a changing culture we have to be willing to change. While the Word of God, the Bible, never changes, flexibility and teachability are essential ingredients to reaching the world with the never changing Gospel of Jesus.
We will be held accountable. Our thoughts, words, deeds, and execution of ministry (excellence) will reflect on Christ and His church. It is how we show we take the gospel and Christ’s Lordship in our lives seriously. To be accountable for and to hold others accountable in love is every team member’s privilege. Gossip will never be tolerated.
Faith Community Church