High School Pastor
Pastor of High School Ministry – First Baptist Church of Lodi CA
First Baptist Church of Lodi is a growing, outreach focused church of approximately 1000 people with a high value on the importance of student ministry. Our mission is to MAKE, MATURE and MOBILIZE disciples of Jesus who LOVE THE LORD above all else and TOUCH OTHERS with the reality of Jesus Christ. We are searching for a High School pastor to embrace that mission with the students of our church and community. We are looking for a High School Pastor to provide dynamic vision, leadership, Biblical teaching, creative outreach and mission and be a loving shepherd for the high school students, staff and families.
First Baptist Church is an active, loving, mission and community focused church that is looking for high school pastor to help guide a vibrant and contagious ministry reaching a large variety of students while maximizing the gifts and resources of a committed team of volunteer staff. The church offers a great culture and a great support for thier pastors and staff and families and there is a high value on our team approach and support in ministry.
- Exhibit a personal, active and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and healthy family and friendships. Meet spiritual requirements outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Called to youth ministry and passionate about outreach, discipleship and mission with High School students.
- Engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background
- Self-motivated, responsible, visionary, and inspiring.
- Able to balance administrative tasks of organizing a creative ministry while maintaining a shepherd’s heart for students, staff and families.
- Ability to connect with students and families from diverse backgrounds, personalities and interests with compassion and empathy.
- Team player. Work well with FBC ministry staff, elders, etc. as well as with volunteer youth staff to create positive and growing atmosphere. (Current FBC student ministries staff includes full time Children’s Pastor, full time Middle School Pastor and part time Young Adults Pastor. First Baptist also launched One Eighty Community Ministries which includes a teen center, although High School pastor will not have direct responsibilities for One Eighty)
- Oversee an engaging ministry to high school students that emphasizes a balance of outreach, discipleship, worship, service and mission .
- Create loving environment for all high school students to find Christ filled love, community and acceptance.
- Care for the growth, feeding, and spiritual well-being of the high school students.
- Oversee all high school student ministries in order to foster deep spiritual growth, vibrancy, and outreach.
- Continually evaluate activities, always working to infuse creativity, relevance, and energy.
- Recruit, train, and develop an effective volunteer staff. Develop volunteer youth leaders who can use their various gifts and abilities within their time constraints to help reach and mature the youth group.
- Plan and coordinate weekly programs (including teaching) and regular special events to assist in accomplishing our stated ministry vision and goals.
- Organize and oversee big events such as camps (Hume Lake), Mexico missions, Camp Barnabas, etc.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Develop a partnership with a parent’s support team to assist with needs and direction of overall ministry.
- Participate in the regular functions and broader services of the church as needed. Help to connect teenagers to broader life and ministries of the church (ex. Welcome ministryes, Kids staff, Special Forces, Ushers, Upward staff, Men’s ministry, etc.)
- Oversee the high school student ministry budget.
- Involved in community events especially local high school clubs, sports and other student activities as possible.
- Maintain pastoral relationship to all High School students connected with the broader ministry of FBC (whether they attend regular high school events or not).
- Other church and pastoral responsibilities as needed.
- Agree with the church’s mission, core values, and doctrinal statement
- Possess the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and execute tasks in a timely manner. Capacity to lead large and active ministries.
- Utilize excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Ability to maximize technology to communicate with students and parents.
- Minimum experience requirement – 3-5 or more years in full-time youth ministry (or equivalent); proven capabilities in all pertinent capacities of youth ministry (leadership, budget, etc.).
- Minimum Education. Bachelors Degree with emphasis in Student Ministry and graduate studies preferred.
Please send your information to Glen Barnes, Lead Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church of Lodi, CA