First Christian Church of Atchison, KS (www.fccatchison.net) is seeking a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries to oversee and enhance its children and youth ministry program. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries will engage children (birth through 5th grade), youth (6th -12th grade), and their families in order to help them grow in their faith and be empowered to take their place in the life and ministry of the church. FCC is one of the largest Protestant churches in Atchison and one of the fastest growing Disciples of Christ churches in the Midwest. Atchison is a community of 11,000 people, located in Northeast Kansas on the banks of the Missouri River, near Kansas City, and is the birthplace of Amelia Earhart. FCC has recently remodeled the children and youth wing of the church, and is looking for a director to take the program to new and exciting places!
Working in collaboration with the Christian Education Ministry Team, this person will:
● Provide weekly programming for children and youth to develop spiritually both personally and communally.
● Plan, promote, and lead mission trips and service projects.
● Build relationships with students and their families and provide spiritual care to foster a vibrant and solid student community.
● Recruit, develop, and empower volunteers serving in the children and youth ministries.
● Manage administrative tasks, including communications, children and youth programming calendar, and budget.
The ideal candidate will have the following: a minimum of three years experience in youth ministry; Bachelor’s Degree preferred, minimum of 2 years of college course work required; experience in recruiting and developing volunteers; willing to live in the Atchison area. This person must be a team player who can work collaboratively with clergy, staff, and volunteers. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits (vacation, health and retirement) package offered.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Wynesia Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
About First Christian Church
"To be a community of faith where all people are welcome and encouraged to...
MEET with God and others through worship, fellowship, and prayer.
GROW in our knowledge and experience of God's love and his plan for our lives.
SHARE God's message of faith, hope, and love through our words and through our actions."