First Presbyterian Church of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho is currently seeking a dynamic leader with a calling, a passion and a record of success in connecting with young people. The Director of Student Ministries is vital to the overall educational mission of our church family by ensuring quality programs and mentoring for youth grades 6-12 and emerging adults. The role of the Director of Student Ministries is to build a sense of community within the youth of the church that provides an opportunity for both spiritual and social development. This person will oversee ministry to both Middle School and High School teens (grades 6-12) and young adults. This full-time, paid position requires 40 hours per week. This person should be entrepreneurial, relational and a well-organized ministry worker to further expand an emerging ministry in a growing church with a strong ministry to youth. To apply submit a cover letter and resume to: First Presbyterian Church, 521 E. Lakeside Ave., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
● Personal relationship with God
● Biblically oriented, relationship-driven leader with a heart for ministry and students.
● Desire to both lead and serve with a teachable spirit
● Recent experience in leading youth groups, and evident knowledge of youth ministry/culture
● Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
● Approaches leadership from a place of vision, creativity, intentionality, authenticity and above all a commitment to Christ.
● Undergraduate, graduate or Youth Ministry Certification education preferred
● Ability to work with others on staff and coordinate programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Create a welcoming, fun, and enthusiastic environment for youth to connect with one another
● Provide an atmosphere of spiritual growth by sharing the Gospel of Christ
● Plan and implement regular ministry activities for mission and outreach, as well as periodic special events such as mission activities, retreats and conferences
● Recruit and train adult mentors; equip leaders for student ministry programs, retreats, mission trips and service projects
● Partner with the pastor to lead the confirmation program
● Help youth seek, determine and develop their spiritual gifts for ministries both within and outside the church
● Provide for the care, nurture and education of youth already attending our church; oversee a Sunday morning program and other weekly activities
● Partner and coordinate with the Director of Children and Family Ministry to create a seamless transition for students as they move from the Children and Family Ministry to the Student Ministry program
● Communicate with volunteer staff and parents to ensure their effective participation
● Reach out and engage in the community to form ministry relationships with youth and emerging adults outside the church family
● Build connections between youth and congregation through involvement in worship, greeting, and other activities and events
● Build connections with other Christian youth and collaborates with other local Christian youth programs, including Camp Spalding
● Connect individually with students and families building and providing resources for healthy relationships and growth in Jesus Christ
● Lead and coordinate the communication strategy for student ministries to include text, mail, web, email, and other social media. Maintain a contact database of youth and mentors.
● Attend at least one training event or conference annually to continue the Director of Student Ministries’ own education and regularly participate in worship.
● Coordinate with the church administrator to provide for safety and background checks for all mentors and volunteers.
● Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly meetings with the Pastor/Head of staff,
monthly meetings of the youth ministry team and other the team meetings as they relate to the ministry of youth
● Track and submit a weekly attendance report.
● Prepare and oversee youth ministry budget, following all financial procedures of the church; approve purchases and ensure good stewardship in spending. The youth team will work with the Director of Student Ministries to prepare the annual budget and coordinate fundraising as needed.
● Other duties as the program evolves and the needs of the church change.
About First Presbyterian Church of Coeur d'Alene, ID
1stPres Downtown is a mission-focused church in the heart of Coeur d'Alene's business and tourism district, right next to a large, beautiful lake nestled in the mountains and surrounded by every outdoor activity you can imagine. 1stPres' mission is to "LOVE1st" our God, each other and our neighbors in our downtown community. We recently completed a five-year strategic 'Big Moves' plan, with discipleship to youth and young adults front-and-center.