Overview: The Associate Director of Student Ministry is responsible for working alongside the Director of Student Ministry in carrying out the mission of discipling middle school and high school students (with a particular focus on young women) in a way that connects them with Christ and builds lifelong faith. This person will bring leadership in the coordination and implementation of the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
Specific Duties include:
1. Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Student Ministry with a commitment to fulfill the vision and goals for the student ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood.
2. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to plan and oversee various programs, events, and gatherings throughout the year. This can include being in charge of or helping with budgeting, gathering supplies, coordinating space and people, monitoring registration, communicating with parents and volunteers, teaching lessons, planning games, and promoting sign ups.
3. Work with the Director of Student Ministry to coordinate and recruit volunteers for the student ministry.
4. Take care of day-to-day administrative work which can include calendaring and scheduling, monitoring and handling payments and sign ups, occasional clerical duties, planning and preparing curriculum, and communication with parents and students.
5. Help attend to female specific ministry needs and be ready to have conversations with and mentor both parents and students as it relates to Christ and their faith.
6. Assist in the running of various social media accounts and posting relevant news and pictures to said accounts.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Ministry.
8. Most importantly connect with students and parents, build relationships, and be looking to constantly point people towards and push people closer to Christ.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a heart for students and children, willingness to be flexible and open to God’s call for you and this ministry.
All interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com
About First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood
Our Church: First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood is located in Kingwood Texas 30 minutes north of downtown Houston. We have a diverse faith community from families with young children to seniors in their late retirement years. As a church we put a strong emphasis on our missional impact and how we can work to bring people into relationship with Christ as well as building up those who already have that relationship. We are on the brink of making some big moves in our community and believe God has big plans to use our church for his Kingdom work in Kingwood.