Job in a paragraph
The Student Pastor is responsible to provide biblical teaching, strategic planning, direction, teaching, support and leadership to the Students, Student Ministries Staff and volunteer teams. You will be responsible for carrying out the overall mission and vision of FSC through the Student Ministry, while helping Students know and understand God on a deeper level. You must be passionate about reaching lost people and bringing them into a relationship with Jesus.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
· Listening to God and determining what He is asking you to do in and for the ministry
· Develop and execute a strategic plan for sermon series and topics for Student Ministries.
· Preach, on a regular basis, for the Student Ministries weekly service.
· Provide leadership and oversight for the weekly Wednesday night student experience.
· Manage and oversee daily operations/logistics of the Student Ministry
· Provide administrative, organizational and on-site support to projects and events.
· Provide marketing strategies and plans for FS Student Ministry events
· Work with the Chief of Staff and CFO to create policy, procedures and develop systems to implement and communicate them effectively to your teams.
· Champion FSC vision and DNA in volunteer teams and overall ministry
· Provide leadership, oversight and development to your staff and volunteer teams
· Recruit and develop coordinators and coaches to effectively lead volunteer teams and the ministry
· Be responsible for organizing and executing an annual opportunity for Students to attend camp
· Function as a team member of the FSC staff, utilizing gifts and abilities, to contribute to the effectiveness of the overall ministry of FS Students.
· Be involved in the lives of leaders and students outside of Wednesday night. Develop meaningful relationships.
· Be available on the weekends for Students and general staff pastoral duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
Leadership Development and Strategic Planning
· Infuse the DNA of FSC into every area of your team.
· Equip your team with the tools necessary to accomplish goals.
· Continually train volunteer leaders on effectively reaching and ministering to students.
· Recruit new members to the leadership team to grow the ministry.
· Support and collaborate with the Chief of Staff to develop a growth strategy for FS Students to prepares and expand ministry opportunities for the future
· Research and be knowledgeable of growth trends and provide leadership for new proposals
· Evaluate organizational structure periodically and implement new strategies for growth
· Ensure that every aspect of the FS Student ministry is executed with excellence.
· Attend all required staff meetings.
· Compassionately care for your staff, volunteer team, and students during significant life events.
· Can perform weddings, funerals, and serve as an on-call pastor as needed
· College Degree Preferred
· Previous experience in leading a successful Student ministry of 300+ students.
· Previous experience in leading a staff (3-4 people)
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Must be willing to abide by our employee code of conduct and personal standards for living.