Primary Position Description:
· Provide dynamic and effective leadership, with a heart to reach out to and connect with students and young adults for Christ.
· Provide strategic leadership and vision for ministry to students (grades 6 through 12) and young adults (ages 18 to 30), resulting in transformed lives and an enduring faithfulness in following Christ.
· Implement Four Mile’s 3-C spiritual growth strategy (Celebrate, Connect and Contribute) while working closely with all ministry staff to maintain mission alignment and focus.
· Reach and disciple students and young adults by leading and organizing effective programs that include fellowship, worship, and biblical teaching.
· Provide opportunities to engage in mission through evangelism, service and leadership.
· Provide a comprehensive and progressive plan of evangelism and discipleship.
· Work with volunteers to ensure high retention rate of students transitioning between ministry groups and life stages.
· Identify, equip and deploy effective volunteer teams to partner in ministry to students and young adults.
· Responsible for student and young adult programming and curriculum development
· Management of related ministry budgets
· Develop and establish healthy relationships and communication with students, parents and volunteers
· Attend and participate in staff meetings and leader trainings as required
· Perform all required administrative functions related to job responsibilities
· Sign and keep the Worker’s Covenant.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor.
Student Ministry: Grades 6-12
· Coordinate all aspects of Sunday and weekday worship and study.
· Plan, develop and execute special events, including, but not limited to mission trips, fundraising events, and retreats.
· Work with ROCK leaders (4th-5th grades) to form cohesive ministry development design through entire age span (5th grade – 12th grade).
· Build relationships with and provide counsel to students and parents.
· Plan, develop, recruit, and lead volunteers and student leaders for outreach events and service projects designed to give kids the opportunity to regularly Celebrate, Connect and Contribute in accordance with Four Mile’s “3C” Mission.
· Provide ministry that both attracts new students to explore a relationship with Jesus and also fosters connection and community
Young Adult Ministry: Ages 18-30
Develop and grow a ministry aimed at helping young adults take their next steps toward God.
Identify, recruit, equip and deploy young adults in meaningful ministry in the church and
service in the community and world.
· Maintain a consistent and effective prayer life
· Maintain a growing personal, professional and spiritual life
· Self-motivated leader who is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for Four Mile’s children’s and student ministries
· Maintain open, clear and constant communication with all staff and church leaders
· Ability to recruit, develop, deploy and disciple new leaders and teams
· Recognize the value of being part of and investing in a healthy, high-functioning staff team in order to further the growth and impact of the whole church
· A heart to see the lost come to faith in Christ
· Dynamic leader and teacher
· Must have or get all necessary clearances and background checks to work with students.
· Proven track record of relational ministry in reaching students, as well as in the ability to recruit, train and deploy volunteers and leaders in effective ministry growth and execution.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in student ministry or related field is preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to students, parents, volunteers and all Four Mile staff
· Excellent media skills and leadership abilities
· Bachelor’s Degree desired, but not necessary
· Team Player
· Priority Setting
· Problem Solving
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Managing Vision and Purpose
· Motivating Others
· Directing Others
· Creativity and Initiative Taking
Our search is limited to the continental United States. Please send your resume, cover letter, 4 references and a link to 2 samples of your teaching to email@example.com
Four Mile Church, 6078 Tuscarawas Road, Beaver, PA 15009 www.fourmile.org
About Four Mile Church
Four Mile Church is a vibrant, ECO church located in Beaver, Pa. Although Four Mile recently celebrated its 200th year of existence, we are a forward focused church with an emphasis on reaching young families and future generations with the life changing gospel of Jesus Christ. This desire drives us to find effective ways to fulfill our mission to help people take their next step toward God. Our church community places a high value on helping next generations know and experience God in life-transforming ways through creatively presenting Biblical truth and reaching those who do not know Christ. We are currently seeking to assemble the ministry team that will help lead this community of Christ followers into the future. If you love the church and have a passion to see Jesus transform the lives of children and students you can learn more about us at fourmile.org.