Student Ministry Director
Grace Community Church is looking to empower a trailblazer! A leader who loves and guides 6th-12th grade students into a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus. We are praying for this leader to always bring their best, because our Gospel is too important to settle for anything less!
The Student Ministry Director will oversee and lead the Student Ministry at Grace Community Church. This position requires aptitude in the 5 following areas:  Communicate clear vision that excites and motivates multiple stakeholders (students, volunteers, parents, staff, etc.)  Cultivate a bridge with our church and school families,  Collaborate with teams to drive the mission and goals of the ministry,  Manage ministry operations while ensuring alignment with the church at-large,  Disciple students, parents, and volunteers to know, love, and serve Christ.
This position is 20 hours per week and candidate will be in agreement with Grace Community Church of Saddleback Valley’s Statement of Faith and beliefs.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Stephen Paulsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCE & VALUES:
• Student Ministry experience
• Leadership & administrative gifts
• Enjoys developing relationships & teams; collaborative spirit
• Can train, equip, and empower leaders
• Can creatively teach the Gospel to students
• Desires partnerships with parents to raise up the next generation
• Seeks to see students integrated within the life of the larger church body
• Has communicative skill to speak to wide audiences
• Constantly chasing excellence without sacrificing efficiency
• Shepherd student’s, their families, volunteers, and all others within sphere of influence both on and off the Grace Community Church campus
• Lead all aspects of the Student Ministry; Weekend and Mid-week gatherings, Camps (Summer, Fall, Winter, etc.), Mission trips/work, and Worship experience
• Develop leaders: Recruit, create, train, empower, and sustain teams of volunteers
• Create a vibrant Student Ministry that equips and engages parents
• Develop bridge pathways for transitions; 5th to 6th grade and 8th to 9th grade
• Oversee and maintain all administrative tasks related to Student Ministry, including creating and/or updating policies, procedures, systems and structures, operating budget, ministry supplies, and ministry space needs.
• Communicate consistently with the pastoral staff and others in the church to ensure smooth operations
• Build partnerships with other Student Directors/Pastors in Saddleback Valley area
• Contribute innovative ideas for ministry growth
• Initially create, launch, and lead student ministry
• Collaborate with other staff on church-wide projects, events, etc.
• Build and deepen relationship with Grace Christian School families
Grace Community Church of Saddleback Valley