Director of High School Ministries
Director of High School Student Ministry – Florence Campus
Essential Focus: Effectively lead the Florence Campus High School Student Ministry to glorify God by…
1. evangelizing and discipling students and leaders to become a contagious and outgoing community, focused on reaching other students with the love of Jesus
2. cultivating relational depth within the ministry that reflect commitment to be followers of Jesus Christ.
1. Exemplify a Gospel-centric, missional lifestyle, striving to be in the lives of students.
2. Demonstrate winsome ability to teach and disciple others to reach others, multiplying the ministry’s reach and community impact.
3. Oversee and lead the Florence HS Ministry (approx. 100 students, 9-12 grade) in becoming a contagious community of Christ followers committed to love, spiritual growth, and change within students and leaders.
4. Continuously identify, recruit, and develop a servant-leader volunteer team that effectively cares for students with you.
5. Cultivate a culture committed to students’ spiritual growth and support initiatives that help parents care for their children.
1. Discern needs of Florence High School Student Ministry with the Campus Pastor and develop a strategy for discipling and reaching new students that will attend the Florence Campus.
2. Develop ongoing Student Ministry events that support formation of a contagious community and increase participation within the ministry.
3. Meet regularly with the other GFC Student Ministry Staff for collaboration and prayer, assuring all campuses complement one another with similar mission and values.
4. Assess the effectiveness of the Student Ministry and make needed change for improvement.
5. Provide pastoral duties as needed including, but not limited to, officiating weddings and funerals, hospital visitation, baptism, prayer and other needs as they arise.
1. Give testimony and life witness of (1) being a committed believer in Jesus Christ, (2) possessing spiritual gifts relevant to the position (shepherding, leadership, teaching, evangelism and administration), and (3) demonstrating potential to build an effective ministry.
2. Excellent communication skills and engaging personality that draws people toward participation in the ministry.
3. A proven track record faithfully leading or serving a church or ministry.
4. Strong desire to multiply the work of the ministry by building teams and mobilizing volunteers.
5. Ability to lead meetings, train and teach volunteers pertaining to ministry responsibilities.
6. Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively teach and apply Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry.
7. Able to plan, strategize, organize, and effectively delegate so projects, events, and programs are completed with excellence.
8. Be an active participant in the Community Group ministry.
9. Be in agreement with the doctrinal position of Grace Fellowship Church.
10. ACBC Certified within five years of hire date.
1. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in planning and organizing skills.
2. Must have a working knowledge of Google Suite, developing proficiency on an ongoing basis.
3. Must be personable and enthusiastic for the vision and mission of Grace Fellowship Church.
4. Must become a GFC member and operate in agreement with ministry leadership direction of GFC.
5. Must be able to assess needed job tasks; i.e., be a self-starter, define the work that needs to be done and complete it without close supervision.
1. Must be a team player able to work on teams of various sizes, including campus staff, cross-campus Student Ministry staff, operations staff, part-time interns, and volunteers.
2. Must be a self-starter, operating without close supervision; exhibiting initiative to identify needs and take proactive steps to improve ministry function, as well as measuring and reporting on progress.
3. Be able to build trusting, valuable working friendships.
4. Be able to engage in appropriate humor.
1. Be a stable, mature, and growing Christian, demonstrating a continual transforming character toward Christlikeness, with an exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
2. Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit identified in Gal 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
3. When working with others you would be known as a Peacemaker Matt 5:9.
4. Do all work abiding in Christ John 15:5, remembering all our guidance, provision, capability and strength come from Christ.
5. Humility in considering others more important (Phil. 2:1-4ff).
Wages, Benefits, and Miscellaneous
1. Salary will be commensurate with responsibilities and experience.
2. Includes GFC full-time benefits package (paid holidays and vacation, professional expense account, sabbatical qualification, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) with employer match, and more.
3. This position reports to the Florence Campus Pastor.
Grace Fellowship Church