The Greater New Jersey Conference is seeking a full time Camp Director. The Next Generation Ministries (http://gnjnextgen.org) Camp Director serves as the head of camping ministries at the Pinelands and Aldersgate properties, leading camp ministry staff and volunteers to be increasingly effective in providing a world-class camp, conference or retreat experience, aligned with the Next Generation Ministries strategic plan. The camp director brings energy, ministry vision, inspiring leaders, and the ability to attract a growing number of groups and individuals to utilize the tremendous resources of Pineland and Aldersgate.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Inspire and lead camping staff with a unified vision, in a way consistent with the vision and values of Next Generation Ministries.
- Manage the hiring of program staff and ensure the effective, well-coordinated implementation of those programs.
- Develop and expanding menu of innovative programs each year.
- Provide professional development opportunities for key camping staff.
- Provide leaders, parents, youth, congregations, GNJ mission partners, conference staff, and the annual conference with magnetic invitations to enjoy the benefits or invest in a conference, retreat, or camp at Pinelands or Aldersgate.
- Work in consultation with the Executive Director of Next Generation Ministries and the Staff Action Team to implement the Next Generation Ministries strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain a web of connection among churches and leaders who are champions of Pinelands and Aldersgate.
- In collaboration with the Camp Operations Director and the Executive Director of Next Generation Ministries, prepare an annual budget for camping ministry.
Qualification for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Camp Leadership / Certification preferred
- Five or more years in a camp/conference or similar work environment
- Youth ministry experience
- Proven experience in management and marketing
- Experience working with students of varied ages and a variety of cultures
- Experience working with a variety of cultures
More information and an application can be found at: https://www.gnjumc.org/news/camping-and-retreats-director/