Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Full-time, minimum 40 hours/week, 45 hours/week target
Position Purpose: To give direction (overall leadership) to the student (senior and junior high) ministries.
Evaluation: Annual evaluation by the senior pastor who will report the evaluation to the Personnel Committee.
Compensation: Church employees are paid semi-monthly.
Agreement: The employee must be in agreement with the Constitution and By-laws of Hastings Evangelical Free Church as well as the EFCA doctrinal statement.
a. Will be expected to keep regular office hours that generally coincide with the church office hours, be faithful to his job description, and be flexible and willing to work as the job requires.
b. Will be granted regular annual vacation, sick days as needed, time to attend conferences, and the option to take classes related to his job with Senior Pastor approval.
c. Will be expected to attend regularly schedule staff meetings for the purpose of prayer, coordination, and communication of the overall ministry.
Personal Traits Required:
· A growing relationship with Christ and demonstrate personal maturity and godliness in all things
· A shepherd’s heart and a teachable spirit
· A good listener and encourager; a team player
· A non-judgmental and non-critical spirit that results in approachability by both adults and youth
· A man of prayer and conviction
· Loves and relates to teens; demonstrated maturity in dealing with wide differences among youth
· Exceptional teaching skills
· A visionary
· Possess the ability and desire to equip and manage others so they are empowered to minister in the student and outreach ministries of the church.
· Experiential knowledge of benchmarks of great youth programs and the ability to implement effective strategies.
· Ability to delegate especially in the area of human resources
· Has demonstrated ability to lead, teach, direct and organize a multi-dimensional program
· Ability to create healthy relationships between the church and other entities such as school, camp, recreation programs, and government services
· Works well with volunteers; possesses exceptional administrative skills
Duties Not Limited to the Following:
· Give overall direction to the student ministries (senior and junior high) of the church.
· Be the primary teacher for the regular programs of Sunday School and Wednesday night youth program. Adequate prep time must be utilized.
· Spiritually shepherd and administrate the entire youth program including recruitment and deployment of volunteers, planning of activities relevant to youth and the mission of the church, and the identification and training of student leaders.
· Supervise Associate Director of Youth Ministry who will be responsible for the implementation and operation of the senior and junior high ministries.
· Integrate youth ministry into the children and adult programming to provide a holistic, family-friendly approach to disciple-making in families. The desired result would be a family-life plan where we intentionally guide our Dads and Moms in a process where family and church are working in conjunction for the spiritual development of one another.
· Develop an adult leadership team to share in the ministry of reaching and discipling students for Christ.
· Preach occasionally in the absence of the senior pastor
· Attend all elder meetings (as a non-voting member)
· Provide occasional pastoral duties related to visitation, funerals, weddings, communion, etc.
About Hastings Evangelical Free Church
We are an Evangelical Free Church in Hastings, NE. We average around 450-500 per Sunday with approximately 65 students in the youth ministry. We are a staff of 11 full and part time employees and a youth ministry team of 9. We will support greatly a youth pastor with deep passion, solid theology, and great history of connecting with students. We offer a competitive pay package and benefits.
Hastings is a city of 25,000 people in the heart of Nebraska. The people are warm, the friendships compelling, and the community inviting. It is a great place to raise kids with award winning schools both in the city and in the county.
We would like the opportunity to present our ministry, city, and opportunities to the right candidates.