DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
The Presbyterian Church of Johnstown
81 S. Main Street
Johnstown, OH 43031
HOURS: 20 Hours per week
BENEFITS: Professional Expense Fund
General Purpose of Position:
To serve as a spiritual leader and role model to the middle school and high school youth of JPC while guiding them in their journey as believers and disciples of Jesus Christ.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Director of Youth Ministries reports to the Pastor and session of the church. Annual evaluations of performance will be conducted by the personnel committee under the guidance of an elder currently serving on session.
1. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
2. Establish a consistent and regular gathering of youth for the purposes of developing relationships and spiritual growth.
3. Participate in training opportunities or continuing education events as needed.
4. Recruit and develop an adequate group of volunteers to work with youth in all aspects of the ministry.
5. Be a representative of the youth of JPC in the community and be present when able at events and programs in which they are involved (school programs, sporting events, Hartford Fair, etc.)
6. Partner with the director of Christian Education to coordinate and develop Sunday school curriculum for youth in middle school and high school.
7. Assist as needed in teaching annual confirmation classes to 6th graders.
8. Provide oversight and keep records of expenditures from the youth ministry budget.
9. Develop adequate lines of communication through various media outlets that keep the youth, their parents/families and the congregation as a whole informed of youth related activities, events and calendar.
10. Ensure that Child Protection Policies are observed (develop policy as needed).
11. Communicate and coordinate with other staff and volunteers of the church as needed to keep a positive teamwork environment.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and possess a strong desire to serve in the church.
2. Experience in working with youth of varying ages.
3. Ability to plan, organize and lead activities and projects associated with youth ministry.
4. A positive and optimistic disposition and a willingness/flexibility to work in cooperation with others.
5. Competent written and verbal communication skills as well as basic computer and social media knowledge.
About Johnstown Presbyterian Church
INWARD: Build community through relationships and service to one another.
OUTWARD: Actively pursue vital mission efforts and outreach in Johnstown, OH and beyond.
UPWARD: Celebrate God’s love and grace through engaging and energetic worship.
Taking God's love to the world and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ!