General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth and ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving with enthusiasm as a spiritual leader and role model.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology and be a baptized Christian.
2. Two years of college (AA degree or equivalent experience) is required along with a sense of call to youth ministry. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. Professional certification in Youth Ministry in the United Methodist Church is desired.
3. Must have vision and demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth and young adult ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
5. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
6. Musical aptitude in contemporary Christian music desired.
7. Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license.
Your application packet should include:
· Completed application
· Letter of interest addressing evidence of how you meet the listed qualifications
· Three current letters of reference related to your relevant work history.
Full job description and church brochure available at kennewickfirst.com.
About Kennewick First United Methodist Church
Kennewick First is full of people who love to serve! . Our church is evolving with the times yet retaining its heritage and a firm foundation of faith.