Overview: This is a full-time position designed for someone who has passion, experience and giftedness to serve in the local church in the area of student ministry (Junior High and High School) Outlined below is a brief description of the primary responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities: To give overall leadership for our youth ministry with the goal of inspiring our students to develop an authentic, healthy and life-long faith in Jesus Christ. This will involve:
· Recruiting, training and supporting all youth ministry volunteers.
· Oversee youth ministry programing (6th – 12th grade)
· Participate in the overall life and ministry of Lakeview
Current Youth Ministry Programing at Lakeview Covenant: (September – May)
– Sunday school program during 10:30 worship Service. This includes confirmation class for 7th & 8th grades and a senior high class for 9-12 grades.
– Wednesday evening youth groups for Junior and Senior High
– Wednesday evening special group just for 6th graders and 6th grade Sunday School
(This may be part of children’s ministry or youth – TBD)
– Occasional retreats
– Summer programing has often involved informal social gatherings for each group & occasional retreats or mission trips.
· Strong and growing level of personal and spiritual maturity as a faithful follower of Jesus Christ
· High level of character and integrity
· Strong relationship skills with ability to relate well to students as well as adults
· Self-starter who can take initiative
· Humble and teachable spirit
· Gifts in leadership, teaching and organizational skills
· Experience in youth ministry
· Compatibility with the mission of Lakeview Covenant Church
· Compatibility with the Evangelical Covenant Church: Ordained or licensed as a Covenant Pastor or on the pathway to being ordained or licensed with the ECC.
· College degree with Masters or Masters of Divinity Degree preferred
Cover letters and resumes can be sent to LCC Office Coordinator Corrina Korthals at Corrina@lakeviewcovenant.org.
For specific questions on this position contact LCC Lead Pastor John Jenks at email@example.com or 218.600.7543.
About Lakeview Covenant Church
Persuing Christ and advancing his priorities across the street and around the world.