Director of Children’s Ministry
Mandarin Presbyterian Church
Mandarin Presbyterian is a dynamic and Christ centered church in the ECO (Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians) denomination. A multigenerational church with the mission to Invite, Connect, Equip and Serve, we are located near one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. We are a growing congregation looking for a Children’s Director who will join us in a new season of ministry, partnering with parents to develop faith in our next generation.
We are looking for someone to join our team who has:
*A growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
*A deep sense of calling to Children’s Ministry and a natural ability to relate and work well with children and their parents.
*A desire to empower and resource parents to be the primary spiritual influence in their homes.
*Passion to challenge kids to grow in their love and knowledge of God and the Bible.
*Excitement for family ministry strategy and working with a Next Generation team that included kids and student ministries.
*Exceptional organization, communication, and project management skills.
*Experience recruiting, training, and inspiring volunteers.
*Ability to use creativity in all areas of responsibility (teaching, team building, environment, programs and events etc…)
*An understanding and agreement with the core values and essential tenets of ECO and the mission of MPC.
*A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of children’s ministry experience
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
The Director of Children’s Ministry will report directly to the Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.
Areas of Primary Responsibility
1. Maintain a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Responsible for overall operation and structure of the Children’s Ministry program (1st – 5th grade), and its continuing development.
3. Ensure the program is aligned with the mission and vision of Mandarin Presbyterian Church.
4. Coordinate all children’s activities with the church calendar, so as to enhance, not conflict with the total ministry of the church.
5. Oversee and coordinate all children’s Sunday School activities and volunteers.
6. Recruit and train teachers and volunteers.
7. Oversee curriculum selection, development and ensuring its implementation.
8. Oversee any children’s mid-week activities and volunteers.
9. Oversee and coordinate all SCAMP (VBS) activities and volunteers.
10. Work closely with K and Under Coordinator to ensure coordinated care for all children.
11. Develop and direct programs for special events as needed (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday).
12. Participate on design team for community events (Pumpkin Jam, Eggstravaganza)
13. Attend and participate in staff meetings and Next Gen meetings, working cooperatively with all other staff members.
14. Prepare and execute the Children’s Ministry budget in coordination with the Pastor of Next Gen Ministries.
15. Oversee children’s attendance and entering into the church data system (can be done by Assistant)
16. Direct FRAT House (5th grade program) and Work with Directors of Student Ministries to ensure smooth transition of 5th graders into student ministry.
17. Support Buddy Break Volunteer Coordinator and program for special needs families
18. Participate in leadership of K-Kamp and Family Camp as needed.
19. Oversee internship program with Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.
a. Includes hiring, evaluation, and regular meetings for development and growth.
20. Oversee care of children’s ministry equipment and facilities.
21. Intentionally balance time, understanding the importance of self and family care.
22. Reporting directly to the Director of Children’s Ministry:
a. Children’s Ministry Assistant (part time)
b. Summer Intern
Mandarin Presbyterian Church