Director of Youth Ministries
Do you have a passion for leading others to Christ? Do you enjoy working with kids of all ages? Modesto Christian Reformed Church is seeking a full time Director of Youth to embrace all students as they are and develop genuine followers of Jesus Christ. The Director of Youth leads student ministries by making sure all students are welcome and loved, encouraged to be honest about their spiritual journey, challenged to take the next step in their spiritual journey, and invited to share their spiritual journey with leaders and fellow students.
Areas of Youth Ministries in the Modesto CRC:
Crosswalk (Middle School) and Journey (High School) Youth Groups
· One on one mentoring of the youth by spending time with them, showing an active interest in each one’s life.
· Plan out yearly calendar. Setting the schedule, plan meetings and annual retreats.
· Recruit volunteers from the congregation to be fellow leaders for the youth programs
· Prepare lessons and plan monthly activities
· Develop and support opportunities for youth to serve, interact, and participate in both the community and in areas of church life
· Be responsible for correspondence with youth and parents.
Lead and Foster a Young Adults/College Age Group
· Serving on the committee for The Rising (a weekly gathering during the summer months of Young Adults for area CRC churches) and attend the event
· Guiding and mentoring young adults as needed
Show Active interest and Support of GEMS and Cadets Program
·This may include attending special events and finding ways that all Youth Groups; GEMS, Cadets, Crosswalk and Journey can interact with each other and develop relationships
Supervise Sunday School Program and VBS
·This may include the recruiting and training of teachers; obtaining appropriate curriculum or writing curriculum which coordinates with Pastor’s sermons
Oversee Children’s Worship Program (During Sunday Morning Adult Worship Service)
Additional MCRC Youth Ministries Oversite Needs:
· Oversee the planning of events that encourage the youth to interact with the older members of the congregation including Vacation Bible School and a Mission Trip
· Participate in ongoing Training (National Youth Conference, local conferences, etc.)
· Stay up to date with new youth ministry materials
· Report to Senior Pastor and attend weekly staff meetings
· Spiritual development through prayer, devotions and Bible study
· Possess a deep love for Christ and a growing, committed relationship with Christ
· Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Youth Ministries or related field
· Possess a passion to see young people (both within and outside the church) grow in their love for Christ
· Be well grounded in Reformed, biblical doctrine and Modesto CRC ministries and able to explain them in simple terms.
· Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
· Energetic and enthusiastic leader who possesses relational skills
· Ability to work well with parents, volunteers, and other church staff