Campus Ministry Staff: Evangelist, Mobilizer, Coach, Shepherd
NSP is looking for campus ministry staff to bring Christ to millions of students.
Are you one of them?
There are over 50 million public school students in America today, and most of them still need to meet Jesus Christ. This year, we’re impacting schools in 4 major metropolitan areas, but we’re praying and preparing to make an even bigger impact.
In the next three years, we seek to give 1 million students in 12 major cities across the nation the opportunity to hear the gospel. We are looking for leaders who want to help make that happen.
About the National School Project
The National School Project is a rapidly growing ministry working to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to every high school in California, Illinois, and the nation. Our tagline – ’til every student has heard – is wide open and huge, and that’s how we operate. For the past 15 years, our team has been learning how to equip high school students as the leaders of a movement to reach the next generation for Christ, and we’ve seen amazing success. All glory to God, it’s been a wild ride and a thrilling place to work. Over the last few years, we started teams at 4 colleges and universities in Chicago, IL. Now, in addition to our home base in Southern California, we’re expanding through central California, Texas, Arizona, and the Midwest. In the coming years, we’ll be opening teams in several new states to coach students at hundreds of high schools to share the good news of Jesus Christ with their friends. Our growth is fueled by staff that love the gospel and are willing to trust God to raise the support to fund their positions (see more on that in our full job post).
The job of a Campus Ministry Staff is a big job because of our big mission. Each Campus Ministry Staff works to build a gospel movement that transforms lives at high schools and middle schools across a whole a region. Within this broad and challenging mission, this job has several clear roles:
- Evangelist: We’re a gospel-ministry and all members of our team – especially those in leadership – are involved in sharing Christ. In addition to personally sharing Christ, Chapter Directors are responsible to instill this value into every level of the team and coach others to do the same.
- Recruiter: We’re a volunteer-based ministry, always looking for good people to do their part to accelerate the mission before us. We believe that pretty much everyone we meet has some part to play in the mission, and we proactively make those connections.
- Leadership Coach: NSP is a leadership-development organization. Everything we accomplish is done through people, so we continually equip students, volunteers, and team leaders to fully develop all the talents that God has given them. Your role will be one of influence, teaching, and inspiration, helping those under your care to grow into the good works that God has prepared for them to walk in.
- Networker: Chapters are commissioned to reach schools across a geographic area. Surrounding each school is a Christian community of local churches and mature believers. You’ll work to build connections and partnerships with them, so that together you can reach the students in your areas of ministry.
- Shepherd: Leading a team of people sometimes comes with interpersonal challenges (and sometimes crises). We look for Chapter Directors ready to guide and instruct people with grace and truth in the power of the Spirit.
- Team Manager: Chapter Directors oversee part-time employees and volunteers, most of them college students. You’re responsible to ensure that all of them receive the training they need to be successful, and that they abide by NSP’s standards and protocols for ministry behavior.
To read our full job description, including job requirements and compensation model, and to apply, please visit https://nationalschoolproject.applytojob.com/apply/TOQMkJiMbj/Explore-Campus-Ministry-With-NSP
Check out our Meant for More Campaign Video!
National School Project