Components of being the Worship Leader
· Recruit and equip musicians and vocalists
· Conduct weekly rehearsal
· Choose music in collaboration with the Lead Pastor
· Perform necessary administrative tasks
· Develop other worship leaders
· Love and pursue Jesus
· Love kids and adults
· Love the lost
· Competent guitarist or keyboardist
· Capable singer
· Understand the contextual difference between worship leading and other musical performances
· Lead in such a way as to bring glory to Christ, not to self
· Recruit musicians and singers to the team
· Choose music, based on Sunday’s theme and Bible passage
· Prepare sheet music and/or chord charts and lyrics, then distribute
· Conduct rehearsal Tuesday or Thursday night
· Send songs to tech people by Thursday night
· Lead or at least be part of the music team most Sunday mornings
· Communicate with the pastor on a regular basis about direction and musicians
10 hours per week, $15-$20 per hour based on experience.
To apply or for more questions, please contact Pastor Rob Fraser at email@example.com or 925-727-2743 (cell).
About New Hope Community Church
New Hope is a church near the California Delta, at the eastern edge of the Bay Area. We are about one hour east of San Francisco and just over an hour south of Sacramento. Yes, the weather here is awesome!
We’re part of the Evangelical Covenant Church and we’ve been around since 1993. We are a multi-generational church that wants to expand our presence in the lives of kids, youth, and their families. Our interpretation of what God is calling us to do is Love Jesus – Build Community – Share Hope.
We are a fairly laid back community (California casual) that’s serious about our faith, relationships, and reaching our community. This group cares for one another and they’re looking forward to loving you too!