Youth Pastor wanted at North Mason Bible Church
North Mason bible Church is looking to fill a full-time Youth Pastor position to serve our middle school and high school students and their families. We are a Conservative Baptist church that is elder led and located in Western Washington at the end of the Hood Canal. Our staff and church culture is uniquely defined by its family-like feel. We average over 125 for Sunday morning worship and focus on weekly disciple-making ministries and quarterly outreach events. We embrace a biblical and conservative theological approach in our worship and church growth. Our commitment to discipleship is reflected in our emphasis and appreciation for verse-by verse expository sermons.
We are praying for God to send us someone who will work alongside our Senior Pastor to achieve the vision that God has given North Mason Bible Church. Our ideal candidate must display a servant’s heart to learn how to train and inspire volunteers to become quality servants and leaders using their unique God-given talents. Many Youth Pastors measure their success by what they can do; the person in this role will measure success by what they equip and empower others to do. He will be a regular volunteer and leader in our public schools while building relationships to earn the opportunity to speak the Gospel message. He will enjoy teaching the next generation by providing Biblical truths that are energizing, theologically focused, and practical for daily living. He will maintain a strong connection to the parents of our middle schools and high school students, who are both in public schools and homeschooled, while leading the way in reaching new families with the Gospel message. An individual with a strong work ethic and team-oriented mindset will be valued and appreciated for this position. North Mason Bible Church also respects the families and personal lives of the staff members keeping work-life balance a key priority.
The Belfair area is close enough to Seattle (90 minutes) to offer big city attractions, while being far enough away to provide a rural setting, with many outdoor attractions such as the Olympic National Park. The area has beautiful, family-oriented neighborhoods with the appeal of the Northwest values and outdoor activities.
PASTOR: YOUTH MINISTRIES
Oct. 1, 2018
Our Church Family Purpose is to worship God by celebrating His goodness towards us as we unite together to grow in our knowledge and understanding of God while serving one another and presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ within our own community and abroad.
Our Youth Pastor’s Focus is to shape tomorrow’s church by winning (evangelism), discipling (teaching) and equipping (mentoring) young people, 6th through 12th grade, and their parents to live out the Gospel message.
Details of the Position:
1. Full time position working with youth, 6th-12th grade.
2. Package includes medical and retirement.
3. Accountable to the Elders through the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications for the position:
1. Credible testimony of salvation.
2. Must met standards of an Elder as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. Both married and singles may apply.
3. Must pass a background check.
4. Must agree with the doctrine and practice of North Mason Bible Church.
5. Must display a deep conviction that Biblical principles are to be clearly communicated.
6. A servant/leader who is obedient to equip the saints for ministry (Eph. 4:11-13)
7. A practical visionary able to communicate goals clearly and invite others to help reach them.
8. Able to preserve the core of Scripture while remaining relevant to a changing and lost culture.
9. We prefer a Bible college graduate with at least two years of experience as a Pastor to Youth.
Responsibilities of this position:
1. Accountable to the vision and direction of the Senior Pastor.
2. Able to communicate direction, strategies, needs and goals with the Pastor staff and Elders.
3. To provide direction and oversight of discipling youth and equipping them to serve the church and reach their lost friends with the gospel.
4. To recruit, train, and develop quality staff to serve the youth ministry in their area of gifting.
5. To disciple each individual (youth, parents, and staff) in the youth ministry to grow spiritually
6. Serve on the Elder Board.
7. Preaching periodically and in the Senior Pastor’s absence.
About North Mason Bible Church
Our purpose is to worship God by celebrating His goodness towards us as we unite together to grow in our knowledge and understanding of God while serving one another and presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ within our own community and abroad.
Our vision is an ongoing endeavor to build disciples of Jesus Christ who will raise up committed Pastors, devoted Missionaries and plant healthy churches.
Our Core Values
- People are important to God, so people are important to us.
- It is the Word of God that transforms people’s lives.
- God’s message is the answer for today’s struggles.
- The local church is to be an integral part of its community.
- To mature in Christ is a choice believers must make every day.
- Every believer is to be involved in a local church ministry.
- We must strive for excellence in serving Jesus.
- We must be willing to step out in faith and trust God’s character