Olive Branch Community Church is looking for a part time Junior High Director. Someone who has a love for students and desire teach, train and disciple them in their relationship with Christ. This position will support and assist the Student Ministries Pastor in organizing, developing, and supervising a comprehensive, evangelistic, and active ministry for grades 6th-8th grade.
Interested applicants email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A full description of the job is listed below
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the vision for Student Ministries established by the Student Ministries Pastor that creatively fits Junior High.
- Plan and execute junior high ministry programs on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Plan and execute junior high outreach, serving events/opportunities, camps, missions trips, etc.
- Prepare and deliver engaging messages on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Establish and develop relationships with students and parents.
- Recruit, equip, train, and establish relationships with volunteer leaders.
- Helps Student Ministry Pastor coordinate worship for JH
- Maintains, and stewards Jr. High annual expense budgets within available resources.
- Supports and participates in events and activities as requested by the Student Ministries Pastor.
- Stay current with student ministry practices by reading, attending leadership conferences, etc.
- Saturday/Sunday church attendance and attendance at leadership and staff meetings.
- Active member of Olive Branch Community Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent ministry experience.
- 1 year of student ministry experience of an internship level or higher.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Olive Branch.
- Able to build and effectively develop high trust relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience in preparing and teaching biblical messages.
- Able to lead teams (volunteer and/or staff) in connecting with students for discipleship, executing events, trips, and being united all together in Christ.
- Able to accomplish goals utilizing strong project management skills and collaboration.
- Able to handle confidential matters with excellence, self-motivator, creative, flexible, honest, and able to perform high quality work.
- Signed Statement of Faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
About Olive Branch Community Church
Olive Branch Community Church is an independent church affiliated with the Southern Baptist denomination located in Corona California. We are a Bible believing, Bible teaching congregation seeking to love, live, and share Christ wherever we go.