Our church family is actively searching for our next Youth Pastor. We are a multi-generational church of around 4-600 weekly, located in Parker, Co- just outside of Denver.
The Youth Pastor is responsible to equip, empower, and release students, student leaders, parents, and adult leaders into a deeper connection with God, community within the church family, and service in the kingdom of God.
1. Build, maintain, and grow a team leadership model in Student Ministry by equipping, empowering, and releasing students, student leaders, parents, and adult leaders into ministry.
2. During the week, invest in the lives of student by building relationships with them in the most effective way possible and encourage and support the adult leaders to do the same.
3. Oversee the weekly Student Service including sound, lights and audio—through volunteer recruitment, training and development.
4. Prepare and plan all facets of the weekly Student Service, including: room set-up, volunteer scheduling through Planning Center, food, games, curriculum evaluation & purchasing, Biblical teaching, LifeGroups, pre & post service music, video elements. Schedule and follow-up with supplemental leaders in your absence for each of the above areas of responsibility.
5. Coordinate with volunteers and LifeGroup leaders regarding weekly youth meals.
6. Plan quarterly and yearly events and trips including: Mission Trips, Retreats, Concerts, etc. Work with the youth volunteers, leaders, and the staff of Pinecrest to plan, communicate, and prepare for these events.
7. Communicate with parents regarding the yearly schedule, events, and other important details concerning youth ministry at Pinecrest.
8. Assist student transition into Youth Group (from Children’s Ministry) and out of Youth Group (to Adult Groups) logistically, relationally, and spiritually.
9. Oversee and steward the Youth Ministry budget. Ensure that financial procedures are followed by everyone in your area of responsibility.
10. Serve as the primary student leader and communicator for the church.
11. Meet with volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate Youth Ministry, provide training, give spiritual direction and motivation, and brainstorm for ideas regarding upcoming Youth events.
12. Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats as required to provide evaluation and feedback to the Leadership Teams.
13. Connect with other local Youth leaders and ministries on a regular basis to build relationships, collaboration, and to encourage and support one another.
14. Continue to learn, develop, and keep up-to-date on current youth ministry trends and personal leadership development through online, on-campus, and/or personal continuing education and training pursuits.
15. Participate in staff and Elder Meetings as necessary to provide insight, direction, and input for the direction and vision of the church as it relates to and impacts the Youth Ministry.
1. Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus first, your spouse second, your family third, and ministry fourth.
2. Engage in personal spiritual development including the spiritual disciplines of prayer, personal Bible study, silence, fasting, submission, service, confession and worship.
3. Embrace and support the vision, mission, values, and ministry plumb lines of Pinecrest Community Church.
4. Protect and preserve the unity of the church body.
5. Be an active and relationally engaged member of the Pinecrest family, including regular participation in a LifeGroup and Sunday attendance.
6. Invest and invite the lost know Jesus, connect with God, connect at Pinecrest, and grow spiritually.
- We are looking for a Youth Pastor who is both highly relational, and highly creative. Relationships are the core of what we do at Pinecrest, and we are looking for someone who can build a foundation of relational Student Ministry that will inspire students to go deeper in their faith and their relationships with each other. Because we draw a unique demographic of students from both urban and rural communities, we are looking for someone who is highly creative: possessing an innate ability to create an environment that engages students in the culture they live in.
- In order to be effective, we expect our next Youth Pastor to live in the community they will be engaged in leading.
- Previous experience in Student Ministry leadership is required.
- Experience in Pro presenter, Planning Center, Social Media, Adobe, etc. is required.
- Some formal theological training is required.