Project:Re3, located in Kernersville, NC, is a young (4 years old) and growing mission organization and non-denominational church. We are currently looking for someone with a passion for missions and youth ministry to fill our 9-month internship that could turn into a permanent position. This is a paid part-time position that also includes two fully paid mission trips.
The preferred candidate should be able to meet the following requirements:
- Previous youth ministry experience is preferred but not required
- Good organizational skills
- Able to plan a coherent program that will enrich and deepen the faith of our youth
- Working knowledge of the Bible and ability to teach it
- Lead a weekly Sunday afternoon youth meeting
- Plan and lead monthly social activities for youth
- Plan and lead occasional mission projects for youth and adults
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with our youth and their families
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Approachable and welcoming
- Strong time-management, organizational and communication skills
- Values and thinks innovatively and strategically about past, present and future
- High emotional intelligence and sense of humor
- Open-minded, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Understand cultural pressures teens are facing and be able to respond with wisdom
- Social media savvy preferred
Project:Re3 is a movement of people, unified in our belief that God's grace, Christ's love, and the Holy Spirit's guidance empowers us to rebuild a firm foundation from the rubble of the past, and through obedience, hard work, and prayer, we will restore, rebuild and renovate our hearts, our city, our nation, and the world.
At our core, Project:Re3 is a church community built around the heart of serving others through missions. Yes, we have some "church" like characteristics such as a weekly worship gathering, but meeting together is not our goal. We care far more about what happens throughout the week outside of our four walls than within them once a week. If a church for missionaries is what you are looking for, then you've found your place.