The Youth Ministry Coordinator is a staff position within the ministry team of Redeemer Covenant Church and reports directly to the Director of Children, Youth & Family Ministry. The responsibility of the Youth Ministry Coordinator is to provide biblical leadership and discipleship to a diverse community of middle and high school students (grades 6-12) and their families, and shape a community that models and shares the love of Christ.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist in developing and implementing a vision for holistic youth ministry to youth and their families which equips them to connect, grow and serve.
- Ensure an environment where youth and families can come to know and experience Christ, grow in a relationship with Him and express that love to others in tangible ways.
- Assist in developing the Youth Ministry Team and shaping the ministry plan for middle and high school students.
- Ensure a culture of Christ-centered love and support for youth, families and volunteers.
- Mobilize, equip and lead youth volunteer teams.
- Promote youth ministry needs and opportunities to our congregation.
- Implement biblically-based, holistic discipleship opportunities for youth, with an emphasis on Sunday and Wednesday night ministry.
- Utilize curriculum that is biblically-based, age and developmentally appropriate and reflects the diversity of our context.
- Ensure that clear policies for volunteers, youth and family are provided and followed.
- Maintain youth contact information and ensure that youth participation is being tracked.
- Manage the youth budget.
- Support youth fundraisers as needed, in partnership with parents and youth.
- Ensure a safe environment for all youth programming.
- Meet regularly with supervisor for prayer, planning and accountability.
- Work with Director of Children, Youth & Family Ministry to provide an integrated, holistic formation journey for families and youth.
- Support the youth confirmation program as needed, under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Support opportunities for kingdom partnerships with the Evangelical Covenant Church, the Northwest Conference (including MUUUCE, MOVE, and CHIC), and Covenant Pines.
20 hours maximum per week. This position requires Wednesday evenings and some weekends (at least twice a month).
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated faith and lifestyle commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- College degree in youth ministry or related field, OR 2 or more years of demonstrated relevant experience working with youth in faith-based or non-profit organizations.
- Experience working across areas of culture, ethnicity, age, gender and other socio-economic lines.
- Practical knowledge of developmental needs and stages of youth (grade 6-12).
- Passion for the faith development of youth and their families.
- Commitment to the mission, purpose, vision and core values of Redeemer Covenant Church and the Affirmations of The Evangelical Covenant Church (including the support of women in ministry and the Covenant Resolution on Human Sexuality).
- Clearance of background check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective ability to nurture and develop youth and families.
- Strong relationship-building skills, especially across areas of culture, ethnicity, age, gender and other socio-economic lines.
- Ability to recruit, retain and lead volunteers and build teams.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and respond/adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently as well as within a team structure.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills across ethnic, gender and generational lines.
- Advanced user skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media.
- Commitment to continuing personal, spiritual and vocational formation.
The position falls under the direct supervision of the Director of Children, Youth & Family Ministry.
About Redeemer Covenant Church
Redeemer Covenant Church is a multi-generational and multi-ethnic community, a dynamic environment in which to grow and learn together. We seek to glorify God in our opportunities for worship, learning and service that move us forward to be people of compassion in the church, in the community and in the world.