Job Title: Worship Director
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: 20 to 40 hours per week
The Worship Director will work with the Pastoral staff to further the mission and vision of Sandy Baptist Church by helping plan, develop, and lead the worship service and other events where the Worship Ministry is needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Create an inviting, worshipful atmosphere where people can encounter God.
* Assemble and develop quality worship teams that are passionate and equipped to lead people in worship.
* Oversee the musical aspects of the worship services including setup, practices, song selection, and selection of additional elements as needed (special music, readings, etc.)
* Work with the Audio/Visual team to create engaging visuals and sound.
* Schedule maintenance and repair of instruments and equipment.
* Develop and manage annual budget for worship services.
The following responsibilities are desirable, but not required:
*** Oversee the technology aspects of the church including the church website, social media platforms and audio/visual equipment.
*** Develop and manage annual budget for technology.
* A Christ-follower whose life and character reflects the Lordship of Jesus.
* A passion and sense of calling to lead people in the worship of God.
* Experience leading worship; a degree in music, worship, or a related field is preferred.
* Ability to lead music vocally and with an instrument.
* Well acquainted with contemporary worship culture and trends, as well as traditional music.
* Ability to choose elements of worship and songs consistent with sound doctrine.
* Team player with good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to recruit, organize and lead volunteers.
* Self-motivated, self-directed and dependable.
About Sandy Baptist Church
We are a mid-sized congregation of about 180 in the Sandy/Boring area. We are looking for a part to full time worship leader depending on the applicant's availability. The position pays $20,000 to $40,000 for 20 hours/week to 40 hours/week.