St. Mary’s-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church (http://www.stmarysoth.org) is a vibrant diverse, and multi-generational parish located in Birmingham, AL. St. Mary’s has developed ministries and ministry partnerships that are meeting the needs of people and families across Birmingham and the region. They are seeking to hire a full-time Director of Youth Ministries who will oversee all aspects of ministry to youth (grades 5th-12th) and serve as a model for young people with respect to personal lifestyle, spiritual well-being, and participation in parish life.
Some of the responsibilities include:
· Coordinate and implement weekly, monthly and annual programs and activities as well as supervise and support interns and volunteers
· Oversee and encourage communication between: students, parents, interns, parish and staff.
· Develop a Youth Committee and participate in Youth Committee meetings;
· Build relationships with youth and their families both in and out of church as well as help facilitate the ministry of interns to function in similar personal ways.
· Work closely with staff and other ministry teams to coordinate programs, scheduling, and planning.
· Prepare annual budget for Youth Ministry for approval, and administer approved budget.
· Participate in programs that promote personal spiritual growth and continuing education to keep current on trends and methods in the youth ministry field.
The Director of Youth Ministries will have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with coursework in child and adolescent development, as well as 2-3 years’ experience. The candidate must have excellent communication and administrative skills and be knowledgeable in the traditions and beliefs of the Episcopal Church.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About St. Mary's-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church
~ be a resource parish to its neighborhood and the Diocese, engaging in shared ministry and offering hospitality.
~ adopt an organizational structure that is mission driven, responsive, and accountable.
~ offer a wide range of worship experiences that draw people closer to Christ.
~ identify improvements to its facilities that will fully support its programs, ministries, and community relationships.
~ embrace a program of continuous stewardship of its time, talent, and treasure to connect us to Christ and to each other.