The Director of Student Ministries (DSM) exists to equip, encourage, and empower middle and high school students to grow in the likeness of Jesus Christ. Their primary role will be that of a trainer and helping students and adults grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Relationships and Accountability:
- The DSM primary report is to the lead pastor.
- The DSM will meet regularly with the StoneBridge Community Church (SBCC) leadership team for the purposes of encouragement and ministry updates.
- The DSM adheres to the SBCC doctrinal statement (http://stonebridgedp.org/beliefs/)
- The DSM is able to pass a background check.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide a balanced ministry of evangelism and discipleship including:
- To teach the Bible with clarity, creativity, and conviction
- Provide opportunities for Worship
- Provide opportunities for students to serve others
- Provide opportunities for students to build a healthy group image
- To recruit, train, and supervise adult volunteer staff in ministry to students
- To provide meaningful opportunities for students to connect with other students
- To have regular contact with parents and students
- To develop relationships with students through regular connection ministry, and for each student to be under the care of an adult “shepherd”
- To provide prayer support for parents and students
- Participate in regular SBCC staff meetings
- Assist in the coordination and leading of worship services at SBCC
- Vibrant love for Jesus Christ and students, and the desire to bring the two together (Matt 22:37-38)
- Committed to living and modeling a Godly and holy lifestyle, authentic in their relationship with Jesus Christ. (I Cor 10:31-11:1, I Tim 4:11-12).
- If married, a loving relationship with their spouse, and their spouse has a proven desire to be involved in ministry to others.
- Above reproach in personal relationships (I Tim 3:2)
- Communicates well with students, parents, and adult volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and see things through to completion
- Ability to lead middle & high school students and adults
About StoneBridge Community Church
StoneBridge Community Church (SBCC) is the daughter church of Grace Community Chapel, St. Peters MO. The elder board of GCC desired to launch a new ministry in order to reach out to the growing communities of Dardenne Prairie, O’Fallon, and Lake St. Louis. They also wanted to stretch the faith of those calling Grace home. Thus in the summer of 2006 they asked Pastor Mike Warman and his wife Patti to lead a group out. In March 2007, fifteen families were willing to identify with StoneBridge and commissioned to O'Fallon.
During 2007 God blessed us to be able to rent space from another congregation. Meeting on Saturday evenings our attendance doubled within the first year. As we were growing and 2008 was drawing near, we were also looking for a place to call home. Pastor Mike was asking God to possibly bring us into a location by Easter. In January 2008 God opened the way to our present facility. With the generosity and support of Grace Chapel, SBCC purchased a 5000 sq foot building on 2+ acres of land. In less than two short months we closed on our loan and added our personal touches. On Sunday morning March 16th, one week prior to Easter we worshiped the Risen Christ! God had truly done some miraculous deeds to make this a reality.
Our services are contemporary in music, casual in dress. We’re convinced that Jesus Christ loves YOU! That’s why StoneBridge exists, to “Bring the Love of Jesus to the Lives of People”. Real people-People like yourself.
StoneBridge is continuing to grow and reach out to her community. In desiring to “Bring the Love of Jesus to the Lives of People” we’ve been creative and persistent in seeking to make Christ’s message of grace, forgiveness and hope known. Whether through Beth Moore studies, annual Trunk or Treat event for families or weekly services, we strive to please Him in everything we do.
Where God will lead us is only known to Him, but the people who make up StoneBridge are determined to follow. There’s no reward for a faith unwilling to risk.
Willing to join us on your journey of faith?