The Intersection Community Church is a non-denominational church in Butler, Pa. that God is transforming and revitalizing. The Intersection’s future embraces the vision of seeing people saved, set free, equipped for ministry and empowered to serve others and our city like Jesus.
Position: YOUTH PASTOR
The Youth Pastor is responsible to oversee the church’s entire CrossRoad’s youth ministry to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program that ministers to young people in 6-12 grades. This individual will possess the Pastoral, Spiritual and administrative skills necessary to perform his or her duties and carry out details as needed, as well as the interpersonal and relational skills necessary for working with teens and their families within the congregation. He or she shall further work in conjunction with youth ministry endeavors within the community and other churches, non-profits and public schools. Must be fun, energetic, and relevant to our culture with the ability to evangelize in the community on behalf of the church to increase growth, not just by making new converts, but by make new disciples and developing future Christian leaders.
Accountable to: Pastor and Youth Ministry Board
Maturity Level: Stable, Spirit-filled maturing Christian
Spiritual Gifts: Youth Evangelism-Pastoral Care-Preaching-Teaching-Discipleship
Certifications/Ordination: Not required but Helpful – Doctrinal stance to be in agreement with ICC Statement of Faith. https://www.myintersection.org Click: What We Believe
Talents and Abilities Desired: Must love Jesus, spouse and family above ministry. Good organizational Skills-Ability to encourage and motivate people- Good Communicator-Detail Oriented-Leadership Multiplication-Teaching/caring for all youth from 6th grade to 12th grade.
Anticipated Time Commitments
Sundays – One service at present and commits to others as growth determines
Weekdays – Currently Wednesday evening CrossRoad’s youth group.
Participates in (1) weekly staff meeting and as ministry dictates by participating in meetings/training/preparing for weekly worship activities/visiting/praying/mentoring youth.
Must find and utilize a portion of hours in a community setting that involves being an advocate for Jesus outside the church walls.
1. Previous experience leading youth ministry is a plus, however, entry level youth ministers are encouraged to apply.
2. Degree in Youth, Student Ministry or Bible and Theology -or – currently in pursuit of ministry degree.
3. Able to use current technology, or recruit highly capable technical volunteers to maximize impact through music, video and computers.
4. Church member or ability to assimilate themselves and family as members within 90 days of hire. Staff members are expected to be a living part of the church family in giving time, talents and resources to drive the local church in its mission, vision and purpose.
5. Preaches up to 6-8 times a year in main services and as needed in special events.
6. Conducts themselves in accordance with scripture in personal relationships with others and the opposite sex.
7. Spousal involvement within the ministry is expected due to the very nature of ministry being complementarian.
1. Cast the vision for Youth ministry in line with Senior Pastor’s vision for the church
and keep it in front of the people.
2. Work with the pastoral staff to coordinate all church programs and functions in concert with the church’s overall mission, vision, and purpose statement.
3. Represent the interests of the youth in the church’s care at all decision making meetings so that youth and teenagers always have a voice.
4. Participate in training opportunities and continuing education and attend (1) youth ministry conference each year. This is paid for and is expected for the personal growth of the minister.
5. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the youth ministry.
6. Organize training and planning sessions for youth leaders/workers.
7. Train and supervise senior high school paid youth intern from May to May of each calendar year.
8. Chooses new paid youth intern from senior high ministry to start each May.
9. Implement and maintain youth protection policy and keep files and records of all clearances for ministry volunteers.
10. Provide leadership and serve as the shepherd to the youth ministry leadership team.
11. Approve all youth ministry programs, curricula, and activities.
12. Develop, submit, and monitor the youth ministry budget.
13. Serve as pastor to the youth in your care – praying, visiting, counseling, mentoring.
14. Experience working with organizations such as FCA –Fellowship of Christian Athletes, YoungLife, Teen Challenge, Campus Crusade and/or CCO a plus.
Send inquiries, resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
or by mail
The Intersection Community Church
120 Walker Avenue
Butler, Pa. 16001