JOB TITLE: Student Pastor/Director
TEAM: Family Team
REPORTS TO: Family Pastor
As a member of the Family team, the Student Pastor/Director helps to illustrate, fulfill and model the vision of Reach, Gather, Grow. The Student Director/Pastor will pastor and disciple the 6th-12th grade students at The River Church Holly. This position works hand in hand with the Family team, including the other Student Directors/Pastors, to provide a dynamic student ministry that is reaching students in the community with the gospel of Jesus. This entails planning camps, events, writing curriculum, etc as a team.
Currently the Holly location student ministry runs around 200 students a week, with a midweek outreach of 175 students. Student Leadership and Growth Communities average around 60.
1. Lead Wednesday night student outreach, which includes coordinating bus routes, oversee and direct leaders, direct a high energy program, coordinate teaching
2. Coordinate Student Growth Communities with the Growth Pastor, including training a team of adult leaders to disciple students
3. Participate on the the student team that writes curriculum that follows the teaching topics of The River Church.
4. Direct student leadership which includes coordinating a student leadership team that leads students to the next level in their relationship with Jesus.
5. Plan, coordinate and manage summer camp with the Family Team. This includes developing a week long camp program for both middle school and high school students.
6. Plan, coordinate and manage events for students that help further the outreach into the community
7. Develop a team of adult leaders that are reaching the community for Jesus.
The Student Director/Pastor must possess a godly, and faithful character that exemplifies the Spirit filled walk of a child of God (1 Cor. 4:1,2; 1 Tim. 4:12). He must have a passion to work with students, the ability to train up adults leaders and a heart to teach/preach Gods word. He must have a desire to reach lost students in the community with the Gospel, but also have a heart to watch students be discipled in Gods Word. He must be able to work well in a team setting.
ABOUT THE RIVER CHURCH
The River Church is a non-denominational, multi-location church in Oakland and Genesee Counties of Michigan. The River Church exists to glorify God by Reaching the world, Gathering with the Saints, and Growing in the Word. Each area of ministry (events, programs, gatherings, growth communities, etc) we do is done with Reach, Gather, Grow in mind. We have watched God move in incredible ways and are constantly looking for what He will do next. Our Five locations average around 4000 people a weekend.
Your completed application should include the following:
• Video of you preaching
• Supplemental materials related to your youth ministry experience (optional).
These may be e-mailed to email@example.com