High School Minister (40 hours, Exempt, Benefits Eligible)
- Assist with leading and providing direction for high school programming, including youth group, Sunday school, small groups, ministry teams, bible studies, mission trips and special events (i.e. camps, retreats).
- Manage, encourage, motivate and equip staff, volunteers, and student leaders to effectively mobilize Rez Life for ministry with students.
- Pursue relational ministry connections outside the walls of the church.
- A love for people, especially teenagers and a willingness to connect with them and facilitate their spiritual growth.
- Solid theological background, with an understanding and appreciation of Wesleyan Doctrine.
- Comfortable speaking to and leading very large groups.
- Comfortable conducting one-on-one counseling sessions and providing spiritual direction when necessary.
- Needs to be able to delegate work to others and provide follow-up.
- At least 3 years in full-time youth ministry preferred but not required.
Apply for this position:
· Click Here to submit your cover letter and resume and to see the full job description.
About The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection is one of the largest United Methodist Churches in the nation. The main campus in located in Leawood, KS with 3 additional campuses in the greater Kansas City Area. As part of the Rezlife Student Ministry team at Church of the Resurrection you will
- Be part of a multi-staff youth ministry team
- Serve in a dynamic Student Center space for youth ministry events
- Over 200 high school students serving each summer on mission trips
- Lead a committed high school volunteer team
- Have the opportunity to reside in the Kansas City/Johnson County area which is consistently listed as one of the best places to live in the US!