The Middle School Program Director will lead and support the middle school ministry team as they continue to build a Christian community where non-religious and nominally religious students can become deeply committed Christians. Emphasis is placed on ministering with staff, volunteers, and student leaders to ensure that the Church of the Resurrection continues to provide a dynamic ministry that will reach and disciple middle school students.
• Manage, motivate and equip staff, volunteers, and student leaders to effectively mobilize Rezlife for ministry with students.
• Regularly connect and converse with teenagers in the program setting.
• Provide leadership and direction for middle school programming, including youth group, Sunday school, small groups, Bible studies, mission trips and special events (i.e. camps, retreats).
• Provide leadership and direction for evangelism and marketing to attract more students into the program.
• Prior youth ministry experience – preferably a minimum of 3 years.
• Solid communication skills with the ability to connect with students, parents, volunteers and staff.
• Ability to teach and lead youth, both in small and large group settings.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
To apply online, please go to the following website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=corpayroll&jobId=50561&lang=en_US&source=CC3
About The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection is one of the largest United Methodist Churches in the nation. The main campus in located in Leawood, KS with 3 additional campuses in the greater Kansas City Area. As part of the Rezlife Student Ministry team at Church of the Resurrection you will
• Be part of a multi-staff youth ministry team,
• Serve in a dynamic Student Center space for youth ministry events,
• Participate in a Wednesday night middle school youth group with 200+ students,
• Lead a committed middle school volunteer team,
• Have the opportunity to reside in the Kansas City/Johnson Country area which is consistently listed as one of the best places to live in the US!