Primary Objective of Position:
To provide assistance in implementing and maintaining systems and practices to ensure best practices for the donor database; recording daily gifts; deliver donor stewardship methods (ie. gift receipts, thank you’s, etc.) in a timely manner; and run various reports for Advancement staff to accurately communicate with donors.
Major Area of Accountability:
General TreeHouse Staff Requirement: Responsibility to maintain a life of faith in God, to meet the need of family, and to function as a member of good standing in a local church.
· Follow best practice policies for donor database.
· Understand general database protocol and learn specific requirements of current system.
· Ascertain and implement best methods to obtain reports required for efficient and effective fundraising. Create queries to standardize reports and train other users, as required.
· Enter, maintain, and track donor records. Ensure consistency of basic data entered in all records so reports are complete.
· Take primary role in securing data during software upgrades and conversions.
· Prepare thank you and appropriate correspondence to donors for first-time/major/in-kind gifts. This also includes: corporate and community events and other various corporate appeals. Assist with and provide support for both corporate and community events (participant record entry, provide reports/lists as requested, present at, organize follow-up mailings).
· On a daily basis, enter donor gifts in database assuring batch totals match original from incoming mail. Deliver checks and cash to accounting for deposit.
· Report results of daily receipts, as requested. Follow policy and regular weekly timeline for receipting process to insure timely reporting to donors.
· Produce daily batch reports for Executive leadership
· Enforce appropriate “thanking” of donors, including recognition letters and accounting receipts.
· Share backup phone coverage; discreetly ascertains needs of visitors and callers; and refers to proper party or assists in the most practical manner.
· Communicate directly with assigned donors related to their giving status (ie. overdue pledge, expired credit card, etc.).
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Has heart and commitment to the mission of TreeHouse
· Computer competency in Raiser’s Edge, BidPal and other databases
· Computer competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Organized, proactive, and detail-oriented
· Flexible and able to multi-task
· Sound judgment and confidentiality
· Desire to continue to learn
· Excellent communication skills
About TreeHouse, Inc
WHAT IS TREEHOUSE?
TreeHouse is a faith based, non-profit organization offering hope and guidance to hurting teens and families during difficult times. Our vision is to reach every at-risk teen so they are loved, feel hope and realize life transformation. We are at a critical point in our history. In our fourth decade of ministry, we are poised for exponential expansion. Our ministry focus is in Minnesota, but we are embarking on a strategy to reach teens across America.