Trinity Baptist Church Youth Ministry Mission Statement
The Youth Ministry at Trinity Baptist Church exists to INTRODUCE Youths to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, GROW these Youths in their relationship with Christ, and DEVELOP their ministry to the world.
Provide leadership and direction for the TBC Youth ministry through partnership with Youth Ministry staff, TBC leadership, and volunteer ministry leaders. Lead efforts of building and maintaining a team of adult and Youth leaders to ensure a relationally-based program that is dynamic and focused on working toward joining God in the transformation of Youths and adults into Christ-centered disciples.
Direct Supervision and training is provided by Senior Pastor.
A. Oversight and direction of ministries to Youths at TBC
· Provide leadership, coordination, and communication for local mission and service opportunities for Youths
· Initiate and maintain growing supportive relationships with volunteer adult and Youth leaders
· Provide leadership and direction for Wednesday night Youth ministry activities
· Provide leadership for the Sunday School program to be an environment that is nurturing, fun, and focused on spiritual growth
· Build meaningful and durable relationships with Youths and their parents.
· Lead the vision, direction, and practical needs of Jr. High, High School, and College Youths
· Provide leadership and direction for events such as retreats, camps, and special activities for TBC Youth Ministry
· Maintain communication with Youths and parents through regular and consistent newsletters, website updates, phone calls, emails, notes, and meetings as necessary
· Complete the administrative job demands
· Wisely manage the resources provided for this ministry (budget, rooms, etc.)
B. Report to and work with the Senior Pastor, the church staff, and the Youth Ministry Advisory Team.
· Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor for ongoing supervision and status
toward fulfilling the goals and vision of Trinity Baptist Church, accountability, and mentoring
· Working in partnership with the Senior Pastor, Youth Ministry staff, and Youth Ministry Leadership Team to support the overall direction of the Youth ministry in relationship to the church
· Participate in regular team meetings with the church staff, Youth Ministry staff and the Youth Ministry Leadership Team
· Participate in occasional church staff gatherings (meetings, lunches, etc.)
· Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor and Youth Ministry Leadership Team that are deemed necessary for the overall success of the Youth ministry
· Agree to follow the guidelines and policies of the TBC Employee Handbook, Financial Policies, and Bylaws and any other church approved policies and procedures.
C. Maintain and pursue personal spiritual growth and active involvement in the TBC community
· Continue building your own personal relationship with God
· Seek necessary nurture for personal spiritual growth by participating in a small group or
fellowship with your peers
· Regularly attend worship services and all-church gatherings
· Build appropriate friendships with members of the TBC community
· Growing and active relationship with Jesus
· Passion for helping Youths meet Jesus and develop a relationship with Jesus
· Five years experience in youth-related Christian ministry
· Understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses
· College graduate (Seminary preferred)
· Healthy sense of humor
· Ability to have fun in a bus full of enthusiastic Youths
· Ability to be a role model and mentor to Youths by actions, words, and deeds