Reports to: Associate Pastor
Works closely with: Trinity Youth Student Ministries Team (3 full-time staff: two other pastors (peers) and one ministry coordinator) and Children and Family Ministries Pastor
Status: Full Time
- Co-Lead a youth ministry in a post-Chrisitan culture
- Work with other Trinity Youth staff to create programs, events, retreats, and serving opportunities for all of Trinity Youth
- Work with the Children’s Ministries team and the Associate Pastor to craft a coordinated effort to minister to and equip parents
- Partner with parents through ongoing conversations and one-to-one meetings
- Work with Trinity staff to live out the vision of Trinity Church
- Attend staff meetings, staff retreats, and other relevant meetings.
Student Ministry Responsibilities
- Play a key leadership role in bringing to fruition Trinity Church’s vision for a growing, vibrant student ministry which equips students and families for a lifetime of following Jesus.
- Work with the Student Ministries team to build a thriving culture and environment where teenagers are warmly welcomed and can grow in their faith, encounter the Holy Spirit, connect with each other and serve their world
- Co-Lead weekly youth programming at our Greenwich location, including any set-up and tear-down and other responsibilities as needed
- Prepare talks and lessons to teach students on Sunday mornings and at other Trinity Youth events.
- Identify, recruit, equip and nurture volunteer leaders; coordinate and train additional volunteers to meet program needs
- Attend and collaborate at weekly Student Ministry team meetings
- Participate in the planning and leadership of SummerQuest (our flagship week-long summer program), youth retreats and all other TY events.
- Lead at least one Huddle group (small group by gender and grade)
- Use appropriate adolescent development knowledge to best meet the needs of Trinity’s teens and their families in regards to program development, structure, activities and teaching strategies
- Pay attention to and appropriately engage with the national and international dialogue/conversation around student ministry best practices.
- A vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to serve the Church
- Must support and endorse the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Trinity Church
- Must have a heart for student ministry and feel led to serve the body of Christ in this manner
- Function as a collaborative team member of a larger multi-site youth ministry team
- Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to teenagers and their families
- Must be able to relate well with the congregation, staff, volunteer teams, and members of the wider community
- Able to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines
- A strong desire to be informed about and to understand the current culture impacting students and their families, and seek to navigate that landscape in a Biblically consistent way
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred degree in Youth Ministry or Biblical Studies
Experience and Skills
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to work cooperatively and jointly with various staff ministries, volunteers, and other organizations
- Has prior experience working in youth ministry
- Has prior experience communicating with teenagers, facilitating engaging discussions and is a strong and gifted communicator
- Has the ability to think theologically about cultural issues and can demonstrate experience with interpreting Scripture in a relevant way to teenagers
- Is open to the Holy Spirit and to eventually leading youth in experiences to encounter the Spirit in their lives
- Strong relational skills, specifically with teens
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and administratively gifted
- Dependable, self-motivated, and comfortable taking the initiative
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office/ Google Apps, other tech skills, specifically with Planning Center Online a plus
- Prior experience at a multi-site church a plus
- Prior experience with being part of a campus/location launch team a plus
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Trinity Church
Trinity Church is a growing multi-site church in Fairfield County, Connecticut (in the greater New York City area). Our passion is to see the love of Jesus at the center of each life, at the heart of every community and as the source of all our actions. We are excited for what God is doing in the Northeast and are looking for a special person to join us in bringing the Good News to this area. This position will play a pivotal role in continuing to develop and strengthen our youth ministry presence in Fairfield County (CT) and Westchester County (NY), and we are excited to see the Kingdom grow as we look towards the future.
This role will play a key leadership role in seeing Trinity Church’s vision for students come to fruition: that as a church we would pioneer a growing, vibrant student ministry which equips students and families for a lifetime of following Jesus. We are looking for a strong leader who connects well with students and parents alike. This person needs to be able to lead a team of volunteers and work well with a team of peers to manage the ministry.
We are excited that we will have the opportunity to take the good news of Jesus to the students in our region. We know that students in our world today deal with too much pressure to perform, anxiety, depression, and what seems like the weight of the world on their shoulders. We believe that the church is the antidote to these pressures in our students’ worlds. We want to be a ministry that shows the love of God to each student and reinforces his or her identity as beautiful children of God. We take our responsibility seriously in caring for and loving students for who they are and where they are in their faith journeys.