***Please note there are information for both, a children intern and a student intern (read the appropriate description for desired internship)
Children Summer Intern
- 25-40 hours/week
- May 14-Aug 6th (flexible)
- For students interested in becoming a children’s ministry, early childhood or preschool director
- free housing for summer
- some meals included
- end of internship educational cash stipend
- Possibly car if needed
The purpose of the Intern Program is to offer the opportunity for individuals who feel called into Children’s Ministry to experience specific aspects of serving in a professional ministry position. The Children’s Ministry Intern will serve directly under the Children’s Ministry Director and assist in the planning, implementation, and administration of all facets of the children’s ministry at Vail Christian Church throughout the summer months. Because of Vail’s unique year-round school calendar, our summer break consists of only six weeks, offering an opportunity to experience normal “school year” ministry. Our hope is to provide hands-on experience within many different aspects of the Children’s Ministry.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Teach a group lesson to our elementary kids every Sunday
- Administrative communication with volunteer staff
- Model the love of Christ to the children and teaching staff, by praying for them, developing relationships, listening to their concerns, needs, joys and accomplishments
- Prepare classrooms for services including checking for safety and cleanliness standards and setting up supplies
- Manage volunteers, welcome and assist visitors in finding classrooms and obtaining information during services
- Assist in planning, developing and hosting various summer programs such as family summer nights, preschool day camp, elementary day camp and elementary sleep away camp
Students Summer Internship!
- May 14th – August 6th (Flexible w/ dates)
- Free housing for the summer
- Some meals included
- End of Internship Educational Cash Stipend
- Possible loaned car (if needed)
Job Description (Students)
25-40 hours per week (depending on the week)
Come be a part of a growing youth ministry filled with around 80-100 students. This internship isn’t a “watch and learn” type internship, but instead is focused highly on two main components– Hands-on learning, and relational discipleship. At Vail Christian we want you to learn and do as much as you can while you are here. Unlike most internships, our school area has a short 6-7 week summer, which provides you with the opportunity to see normal “school year” ministry during the time you are here. It will provide with the unique ability to observe, learn, and engage with students throughout the end of the school year, through the summer, and transitioning to the fall. This includes summer camps, retreats, etc.
You will have the opportunity to be intensely mentored by our Pastor of Students, and other staff members and leaders. Some descriptions of your internship are as follows:
- Programming, leading and executing special events
- Working with a team of youth leaders and student leaders
- Teaching (preaching) students at Middle School group, and high school group.
- Develop curriculum for the small groups
- Learn how to lead the youth leaders
- Engage in leading a student leadership small group
- Find, develop and execute games
- Learn Soul-care and how to handle schedule, personal growth, etc.
- Adventuring through Camps, retreats, mountain excursions and much more.
Some unique components about this internship include:
- The Pastor of Students is a young, passionate leader who is a teacher at heart and really loves building into future ministry leaders.
- The youth ministry is a more contemporary style, where high school groups meet in homes, and focus much more on small group based learning and relationship building instead of “church-service like” programming.
- You will be challenged and evaluated throughout the internship, and have additional growth expectations such as reading certain books, writing curriculum, taking personality tests, leadership tests, etc.
- You will be able to escape the summer heat and head up into the mountains 30 mins away!
- You’ll be living with other church members/interns and be able to build relationships within the church.
- You’ll be a part of a growing and healthy church team! Our building was just built in Jan 2016, and we have almost double our church attendance to almost 800!
- Your voice will be heard, and you won’t just “get coffee for people”. The Pastor of Students is incredibly passionate about providing opportunities to fully equip you for future ministry vocations and learn from your perspectives as well.
If you are interested in either internship feel free to click this link and fill-out the application, and we will get back to you within a few weeks. We would encourage you to fill out early rather than later because once our spots fill-up we are closed for the rest of the summer.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email: email@example.com