Verve is a 10-year-old church in the heart of Sin City. Our mission is to love God, love people, and turn the world upside-down. We reach people who are the furthest from God and most difficult to reach: the kind of people who are not interested in God and don’t like church, and who most churches won’t or can’t reach. Two-thirds of people who come to Verve are unchurched non-Christians when they first show up.
We are seeking a NextGen Pastor to oversee VerveKIDS, our children’s ministry for ages birth through 5th grade, and Verve Students, our ministry for students in 6th through 12th grade. This is a full-time position.
You’re a great candidate for this role if you:
- Have a true love for Jesus and passion to see His Kingdom advance.
- Have compassion for people who are far from God and a real passion to see those people come to God. The kind of person who is willing to do whatever it takes, outside of sin, to reach people for Jesus.
- Are devoted to kids and students growing in their love for God and people.
- Easily relate to unchurched children, students, and their parents.
- Appreciate Verve’s edgy (but strategic) style, and random (but strategic) sense of humor.
- Have a proven history of being able to recruit, train, and work effectively through volunteers.
- Have strong experience raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Demonstrate the emotional maturity and relational intelligence to work well with others on a team.
- Are a highly motivated self-starter.
As the NextGen Pastor, you will own all aspects of Verve ministry related to children and students.
Some of the main things you’ll be responsible for include:
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee weekend VerveKIDS programming. (The current size of this team is approximately 50 volunteers.)
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee programming and special events for Verve Students. (The current size of this team is approximately 15 volunteers.) This includes the weekly Student gathering on Thursday nights during the school year.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for VerveKIDS and Verve Students. (Familiarity with Orange curriculum is a plus.)
- Staffing childcare needs for churchwide events throughout the year.
- Directing and developing the vision of NextGen ministries in accordance with Verve’s overall goals, vision, and strategies.
- Serving as the point leader for family-oriented community outreach events. Currently this consists of a Halloween-related event and an Easter-related event. Each of these attracts between 1,500 and 2,000 people from the community.
- Other duties related to NextGen, or NextGen volunteers, as assigned.
We want you to love being part of the team at Verve. Here’s what we will provide:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- At least 14 vacation days per year.
- A monthly cell phone stipend.
- Some of the warmest weather in the country, year-round.
- Staff fun days where you can show off your mad skills at activities that may include laser tag, bowling, or mini-golf.
In your cover letter, please address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Las Vegas, and what makes you stand out from other candidates for this position.