Middle School Pastoral Resident
The Middle School Pastoral Resident will provide leadership, discipleship, and oversight to all aspects of the ministry for middle school students (grades 6-8), while working in concurrence with the overall mission, vision, and strategies of Village Church of Gurnee. The Middle School Pastoral Resident will seek to shepherd, teach and guide the students, along with a team of lay leaders. The ministry will provide Biblical, Gospel-centered teaching, partnered with strong mentoring through small groups.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Partner with the Pastor of Student Ministries to cast vision for the Middle School Ministry and create a healthy community and an environment for students to encounter Jesus personally and grow deeper in their faith.
- Teach the middle school students Biblical truths, utilizing a variety of formats.
- Guide, counsel, and pray for the middle school students as they encounter specific life issues and transitions.
- Plan and lead events during the ministry year (including serving opportunities, retreats and summer youth conference).
- Provide clear communication and administration within the Middle School Ministry.
- Partner with Pastor of Student Ministries to recruit, equip and lead a team of adult volunteers committed to pouring into the middle school students as small group mentors.
- Partner with the Pastor of Student Ministries in the preparation and leadership of the Youth Missions ministry.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Evidence of a vibrant and mature relationship with Jesus Christ; visible passion for God; exhibits exemplary Christian character.
- Experience working with middle school or high school students preferred.
- Educational background (and/or current enrollment in educational program) which provides a solid biblical foundation for ministry.
- Ability to give leadership, direction, and vision to develop necessary ministries and leadership teams.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to recruit others to help accomplish a vision; competent administrative and organizational skills; good problem and conflict resolution skills.
Please submit your application and resume to Wendy Pellitteri, Human Resources/Office Manager (1319 N. Hunt Club Rd, Gurnee, IL 60031), or email (email@example.com). Applications are available at www.vcgurnee.org.
Village Church of Gurnee