Minister of Youth
Lead the student ministry in a loving and challenging environment in which students can discover Jesus Christ, develop as disciples of Jesus Christ and display His transforming power. The Minister of Youth will share our vision “To Discover Christ and Display His Transforming Power.” We are seeking a committed follower of Jesus Christ who has the gifts and desire to advance the ministry of Christ’s church by planning for, developing and supervising the Middle School and High School ministries.
- To encourage students to accept Christ as Savior.
- To teach and develop in students a commitment to become daily followers of Christ.
- To incorporate students into the life of the church.
- To provide students with specific opportunities for ministry and service.
- To provide pastoral care for students and their parents.
Areas of Oversight
Middle School (6-8 grade)
High School (9-12 grade)
- Annually review and develop goals for all areas of student ministry.
- Develop and implement plans to achieve the annual goals.
- Provide a nurturing, yet challenging environment for students to grow in Christ.
- Design programming to teach and reach non-churched students and their parents.
Serve as the primary teacher for students.
- Minister to students and their parents through appropriate communication, counseling, and discipling.
- Train students in leadership and ministry skills.
- Lead and equip a team of adult lay interns and volunteers to accomplish the student ministry.
- Prepare and manage the student ministry budget.
- Participate in all pastoral staff meetings.
- Attend Church Board meetings as requested.
- Represent the student ministries to the Discipleship Committee.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- The Minister is administratively and functionally responsible to the Senior Pastor.
- The Minister is responsible for structuring a weekly schedule, subject to the approval of the Senior Pastor. This is a full-time
- position requiring a minimum 40 hours per week.
- The Minister will become an active member, participating in the life of the church.
- The Minister will become a licensed minister of WSBC within 3 months of employment.
Your completed application should include the following:
- Responses to the Candidate Questionnaire
- Supplemental materials related to your youth ministry experience (optional).
These may be e-mailed to YouthSearch@wsbc.info.
Visit our website at https://wsbc.info/youthsearch/ for more information including the Candidate Profile and Candidate Questionnaire.
About Western Springs Baptist Church - Village Church
Western Springs Baptist | The Village Church is an unaffiliated Baptist church with a strong scriptural and evangelical emphasis. Our congregation is diverse in its background and traditions. Our church strives to be a friendly, caring community of believers that functions as a family. We have ministry for and by all ages with multigenerational interactions. We seek to strengthen and support the families within our congregation through our ministries and programs while reaching the families in our community. We seek to be a place of healing in Christ's love for those who are hurting and a place of growth and equipping for service in Christian living. While our faith in Christ and relationship with God is individual, we uphold the importance of learning, growing, and serving together as a congregation for the sake of the Gospel.