High School/ Jr. High – Student Pastor
Goal: Seeking a passionate leader who has the ability to oversee, lead, and gather both churched and unchurched High School / Jr. High school students in the community.
The Student Pastor will be the point person for our student ministries; driving our vision for reaching junior and high school students with the gospel and helping them live out their faith.
As a member of the core leadership team of the church roughly 3/4 of this position will be devoted to student and family ministry while the remaining 1/4 will be devoted to church wide growth projects and other areas of need as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
You’re a great fit for this position if:
● You love students and have a passion for developing student leaders.
● You value working with a team and enjoy investing in adult volunteers.
● You thrive in incarnational (going into the community) ministry model.
● You are comfortable interacting with students who are not believers.
● You enjoy teaching and want to further develop your speaking abilities.
● You want to be a part of a healthy team together on mission.
● Creating exceptional environments where unchurched middle and high school students love to attend and churched students can grow in their relationship with God.
● Spending time meeting students on their turf and building relationships in the community.
● Leading a Sunday morning strategy for integrating students into the church as a whole in a manner that encourages Christian and non-Christian students to serve and grow.
● Leading a separate mid-week program for junior high and senior high.
● Planning and leading retreats and mission projects for students.
● Building healthy, trustworthy partnerships with parents, resourcing them with tools for faith formation at home, and providing care and counsel as needed.
● Teaching the truths of scripture in a compelling and relevant manner in a postmodern and post-Christian context.
● Working and collaborating with other organizations, ie.) Young Life, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA, etc).
● Serving the other staff members with humility, contributing whenever possible to a sense of team and cooperation.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
● College Degree
● Minimum of 3 years of paid or volunteer experience in ministry with a record of leading events and programs for students
● Proven ability to recruit, develop and lead adult volunteers and leaders
● Strong speaking ability in a variety of contexts
● An authentic, active walk with Christ that fuels ministry
● A heart for the unsaved/unchurched
● A self-starter with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
● Ability to think big picture and strategy without losing sight of details
● Team player demonstrating humility, and strong interpersonal skills
● A desire to learn and grow in family ministry
Information on compensation will be discussed early in the application process. Salary range: $50,000 – $55,000
Please send cover letter, resume and video or audio link of teaching to: email@example.com