PURPOSE: To provide leadership for planning, developing, and administering a dynamic and effective ministry of worship, evangelism and discipleship to meet the needs of Jr. High and Sr. High students in conjunction with the overall ministry of Windwood while providing leadership to and supervision of the adults and student leaders involved in Youth Ministry.
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor in concurrence with Senior Pastor
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To minister to Jr. High and Sr. High students using creative leadership to implement a broad-based ministry that will lead youth into a meaningful and intimate transformation relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Develop and nurture leadership at all levels of the Youth Ministry; call forth the gifts of students and adults by recruiting, training and motivating others for leadership in youth ministry.
· To provide leadership for interns (when applicable) and others by implementing programs and ministries at all levels, including Jr. High students, Sr. High students and parents.
· Counsel youth and their families and refer to pastoral staff when appropriate.
· Advance and oversee weekly Sunday morning and mid-week ministries along with small groups including reviewing and developing curriculum.
· Plan and coordinate camps, conferences, retreats and trips.
· Implement service and mission projects.
· Develop and teach confirmation class annually with guidance of one of the pastors.
· Cultivate one-on-one relationships with students by being a friend, mentor, and positive role model.
· Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget with the Youth Ministry Council, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
· Offer opportunities for personal, relational and spiritual growth for students and their families involving, but not limited to:
o Sunday Morning Ministries
o Discipleship Groups and Bible Studies
o Confirmation Class
o Camps, Conferences and Retreats
o Special Events
o Outreach and Evangelism
o Student and Adult Leadership Teams
o Youth Fellowship Groups
o Missions and Service
o Relational Contact Work with Students
o Crisis Intervention
o Ministry Partnership
RELATIONSHIPS: Works in close cooperation with the Youth Ministry Council sharing leadership with the Youth Ministry Council Elder, delegating and empowering others when appropriate. Attends staff, council and session meetings as scheduled, responds to requests for information and assistance, and reports on areas of leadership and responsibility.
EVALUATION: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Executive Pastor and Personnel Elder. The Executive Pastor and Personnel Ministry Council will review the adequacy of compensation.
COMPENSATIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS: Salary is based upon gifting, education and experience and is paid in equal installments semimonthly. The salary will be reviewed annually. Full time Employees are entitled to Health Insurance and benefits via ECO, paid by Windwood, spouse and family are eligible for health benefits at the employee’s expense.
RESUMES & INQUIRIES: Send resume or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.