Wooddale’s Junior High Ministry Director is the ideal position for a minister who desires to teach, counsel, lead and play, all under a veteran minister’s care, insight and empowerment. Junior High students long to be noticed, celebrated, connected and led and you’ll be in a position to do just that! It’s an adventure you don’t want to miss!
• Baccalaureate degree
• Training, education, or degree that provides experience in student ministry strongly preferred
• Good communications and interpersonal skills; a love of people and commitment to ministry as service to God and the Wooddale family
• Ability to relate to Junior High students and families
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
• Evidence of a commitment to Wooddale Church’s Purpose Statement, honoring God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ
• Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church
• Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church
The Junior High Ministry Director shall work under the direction of the Junior High Pastor:
• Key voice to the Junior High Pastor in the vision casting of the Wooddale’s junior high ministry
• Strategic planner, coordinator and leader of student ministry events as assigned.
• Establish relationships with students and parents by pastoring them through counseling and spiritual conversations
• Lead ministry camps, retreats, and activities including religious teaching and preaching to shepherd students in their spiritual journey with Christ
• Equip and train volunteer leaders for student ministry by ensuring they understand the mission and vision of Wooddale and Junior High Ministry
• Attend religious training sessions and planning meetings with other youth workers.
• Communicate and engage with students and families through various forms of media (social, print, video etc.)
• Leadership and direction of missions trips
• Active involvement in student discipleship
• Assist with content and teachings for weekly programs and doctrinal class.
• Serve communion and baptize students
• Facilitate baptism and staff interviews
• Act as a pastor-on call
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer