We are currently doing incarnational ministry at many military installations around the world. You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee the overall Young Life Military program, known as Club Beyond, at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The ministry is ecumenically focused and outreach-oriented. Previous experience with military culture is helpful but not necessary as we train all staff to be successful in a military community.
- Actively develop healthy relationships with adults, as well as kids, and build vibrant relationships with the local community, the military installation and the chapel community.
- Be a role model (incarnational) and assist with developing community outreach to “unchurched” teens, discipleship to Christian teens, and leading and equipping volunteers to do “hands-on” middle and high school Christian youth programs.
- Work well in an environment that sees (due to high military operational tempo) a high degree of turnover among teens, families, chaplains and volunteers.
- Be respectful of and embrace a community that is deeply influenced by a military culture.
- A deep love for Christ and for lost teens.
- Passion for people and to work well with them.
- Teachable heart.
- Willingness to make a three-year commitment.
- Minimum of three years’ youth ministry experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Willingness to raise part of salary through personal support.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Young Life Military/Club Beyond
In this ministry, you will need to live out the Club Beyond Core Value Statement:
Club Beyond is a Christ-centered community of leaders with an exclusively military focus. Our methods are incarnational, and our perspective is ecumenical. We leverage strategic partnerships for the greatest results. We value professionalism from our staff and excellence in our stewardship.