This is being posted as an exclusive from YS Search! All inquiries about this position are handled by Youth Specialties. Only those meeting the specific qualifications for this position should apply. A YS Search consultant will follow-up with qualified applicants.
This could be an ideal role for someone doing post-grad/seminary work online with multiple “off days” and multiple gaps in work-day work schedule to pursue education.
Description: The Resident Youth Care Worker at Rawhide Boys Ranch is a live-in paid, full-time position (room and board also provided) responsible for providing leadership and direction for Rawhide guys. This position assists with the effectiveness of the living unit they reside in by assisting houseparents with supervision of the Youth Home, contributing to a relaxed atmosphere in the home, supporting the houseparents’ authority and leadership, and supporting the educational development. The RYCW is also responsible for providing a social and moral example, encouraging the physical and social development of the youth, and contributing to the spiritual development of the residence.
The Organization: A growing Boys Ranch making a great impact in the lives of at-risk young men (teens)! This non-profit organization has a fabulous reputation and this an ideal career-building position for a person pursuing career in counseling, social work, criminal justice or youth ministry. The Ranch is in a beautiful setting about 30 minutes from Appleton, WI.
A Typical RYCW Day:
- 7:00am Breakfast with guys
- 8:00am Off
- Noon Lunch with guys
- 1:00pm Off
- 3:15pm Afternoon with guys (snack, homework, conversations, etc.)
- 4:30pm Quiet Time
- 5:00pm News and Discussion
- 6:00pm Dinner with guys
- 7:00pm Evening Activities (ping pong, pool, board games, night-hike, etc.)
- 9:00pm Off
A Typical RYCW Schedule:
Seven days on, four days off.
- Strong personal commitment to Biblical values with an ability to display these values in an exemplary moral lifestyle
- Ability to relate to teen with anger and aggression issue who has been in trouble with the law
- Assertive, self-confident, and sensitive in working with teens and staff
- Ability to work under authority of others
- Organized and dependable
- Possess a valid driver’s license, without restrictions (except for glasses) and have a good driving record
- Demonstrate spiritual, social, emotional, and intellectual maturity
- Must be at least 21 years old
To Apply: Apply through the YS Job Bank, or email directly to email@example.com. YS will follow up with an Opportunity Profile for the position which includes your next steps to take.
About YS Search
YS Search and our consultants are working directly with this search. Details will be given to applicants upon submission of resume and interest.